09 Ninja...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 09 Ninja...

Okay so i gave up on the 97 i went for this 09 okay so i looked at it the guy was gonna fix it but gave up and his wifes gonna have a baby ect ect its an 09 ninja 240r blue all plastics are off but everythings there just plastics are off bike im going to get it for 800 clean title BUT it needs Forks.. and a new tire and rim... should i buy this bike? its got 3000 miles on it im new to buying used ones so it would be cool if you guys helped me out with this one. the bike starts and sounds good just needs front forks wheel and rim.. thanks guys!

Old 07-17-2010, 04:10 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

$800 sounds good to me too.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:38 AM
1st Gear Member

yes but everythings taken off the bike.. so i gotta re put it together... is it really worth it nothings wrong it will start and stuff every piece is there except the front forks and the fairing piece. engines complete just drop in bolt down connect and everything else will need to be put back on.. thats why for the 800 price. and it got backed into and broke the fork and fairing piece so i should get this?

Old 07-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

If everything is there, just minor scuffs on the plastics and you know that the frame is not bent, I would jump on it myself. Order up new head bearings, a rolling front end for maybe $150 (used) and two days labor and you should be golden. It is generally the small missing pieces like bolts, clamps and other hardware that is somewhere in that big box of parts that make the job difficult since normally nothing is labeled.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah frames straight everythings off the bike like completely but its all there except the front forks and the side fairing off the left upper but everythings there so i should get it? its 800 for 09 ninja 2800 miles but how much would it cost to fix up? and my brother gave me a slip on a vance and hines for a 250 ninja so i wanna throw that on too

Old 07-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

forget the V&H until you get this project sorted out. One step at a time. Otherwise things can get out of hand quickly even if you are 100% capable for the task at hand.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member

yes so i got the bike everythings in different spots frame is on wheel and its missing front upper fairing and the front forks but eveyrthing else is stripped all bolts are sorted in a baggie with what it goes to so what should i start with any help? motor first ? it you could tell me by 1st to last like say 1st engine then whatever so on so on id really appreciate it i have until school starts which is august 20th. cause i wanna roll into school looking new fresh start.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the purchace, I assume you have already priced the forks on ebay, for an 09 they might be hard to find.

I would say get it rolling first but the engine might be hard to lift and wiggle into place if you haven't done it before, so I would suggest swingarm and rear wheel, then engine then front end then finish up the rest of the parts. Once the bike is on its wheels everything else is cake.

Have fun with it!

Old 07-18-2010, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

so first i should ensure the swingarm and back rim wheel is secure? then work from back up? i got forks already my cousin she works for a dealership oem part huge discount idk how much but was cheap so i will get that next week so from swingarm back wheel then the engine set it in its place then bolt it in then what next the front forks wheel then what? its perfect condition frame is straight everythings clean and looks new. oh and thanks for the congrats

Old 07-18-2010, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you got it down. once the bike is on its wheels and the engine is hanging in place it really doesnt matter where you go from there, just start emptying the boxes onto the ride.

Quick Reply: 09 Ninja...