New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Things to do on your motorcycle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Default Things to do on your motorcycle?

Ok, so after months of waiting I finally got my 2009 Ninja 250. My cousin also received his about a month ago. During the long time of us waiting around for our bikes to arrive we would think of things to go do all the time, but once we got our bikes we are stumped.

We've been riding around town all night for the past few nights, and finally last night we came to a stop in a quiet area and sat around for thirty minutes trying to figure out what to do/where to go.

So, my question is, what do you guys like to do when you are out on your bikes? What about when you are in a pack riding together? Where do you like to go?

Old 10-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I like to head off road because mine is a dual sport. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh you should have thought of that before you bought the Ninja. So sorry. I'm just messing with ya. Seriously, take a road trip to somewhere neither of you have been. New adventures are awesome, on and off road. Oh and welcome to the site.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

You know your locale better than others. Do that small 250 mile round trip jaunt. Take a trip to the track to spectate. Break that ride in where you are comfy.

Welcome to riding, and kf. Congrats on the ride as well.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't ride in a pack. It's dangerous unless everone has a similar (high) level of expertise and a similar riding ethos.

Find a nice twisty road and use the bike for riding decent distances at weekends. Think of somewhere to go maybe about 100 miles away, but when you get there, look at your reasons for choosing that place, enjoy whatever is there, even if it's just a stop for coffee, and forget about the bike until you're ready to return. Then enjoy the ride back for its own sake. The bike isn't a toy, so during the week get into the mindset of just seeing it as transport.

Cruising around town is boring and not what bikes are for. So is hanging around and posing. If you can't do anything on the bike, then get off it and do something without it.

Rob

Old 10-30-2008, 11:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Riding to me is about the journey, not the destination. Take off and turn left where you would normally turn right and see where you end up.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

or you can do the poser thing and hang at *$'s like everyone does around here....lol

Old 10-30-2008, 01:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Plz dont just hang in parking lots and look cool,,, like everyone said get out and explore your state countryside,, city outerlimits and be safe and have fun with it,,,, Just get on and ride... Welcome to KF

Old 10-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

freakin ride !!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 04:51 AM
1st Gear Member

lol..
like Kevin said.. it's not the destination..

well, maybe a little bit.. not sure where ya live, but i'm pretty sure theres some cool places to venture in to around there..

i'll ride to clear my head and think. i'll ride to meet up with people. to go to the store.. to go get some KFC or wendy's.. to scrape my knees in the corner..

i mean, theres a ton of reason to go out and enjoy that freedom..

yes, cruising the town sucks after about 20 minutes, but if thats all you got til you figure out a trip you wanna take, then i guess thats what it takes!

i'll put around and meet up with some ppl and then go off on my own for a bit. the first time i did it, they were like "dude.. where'd ya go?" i just said "for a ride" .. lol

sitting and B.S.ing about kill stories and ricers taunting us gets old. lol the possibilities are endless, for sure..

like drag said.. go to a track. you'll meet ppl there with similar interests and probably a good road or two they visit.. just don't hurt yourself tryin to keep up.. BIG rookie mistake, and i've seen it done. the season's dying off 9depending on whrer you are) and you chould get a trip or 2 (or more) in while you can. i'll make excuses to ride somewhere..

"OH!! New tires.. gotta go on a 100 mile round trip toscrub them in"

"OH!! need gas. guess i'll see how gas prices are in the next state or 2 over.."

"OH!!. it's nice out!"

lol

enjoy the ride, and welcome to KF!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Get your gf and have sex on yer bike. You gta christen it the right way.

Quick Reply: Things to do on your motorcycle?