New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

So I am back with a question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Default So I am back with a question

I was here last year about this time and I have a ninja 500, I think an '01 until it got stolen. Now I am ready to get another bike, but I need some suggestions, I am kind of stuck in between getting another (2001)500 or a zx6r (1998). The 500 has like 10k miles on it and the zx6r has like 23k and the prices are 1900, and 2700 respectfully. I have attached a pic of the 600, the 500 is in pristine condition as well

First yes I did take the MSF course so I know how to ride, but I only had my bike for 2 months before it got stolen and rode it for a total of 5 times, my problem is that i do not want to get tired of the 500 easily. I will be using the bike to commute to work on good days, and ride on the weekends. All constructive input is appreciated

[IMG]local://upfiles/3777/BF24A5C69E84466299E0C6323B20B95B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3777/50C1132FB7814BE5A58AFA8EBBD139E9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-17-2008, 05:31 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: So I am back with a question

I'd have to say go with the ZX6R. It's just a better looking bike, performs better, and it'll take you longer to get bored with. Just my $0.02. Bikes these days aren't like they were 30 years ago, when 23k miles meant a bike was worn out and ready for the scrap yard.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

It's just a better looking bike, performs better
Better looking is in the eye of the beholder.
I am more familiar with the I4's than the twins, I would be negotiating more with the 600 as well. It all comes down to you though on what ride fits your needs. I like both of them.

edit: welcome back!

Old 02-17-2008, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member

I am a little biased, but I agree that the 600 is a better looking bike. But you need to get what you like better. You should probably sit on them and see what fits you best, and try to get the price of that 600 down a little.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

The issue really is what you're going to be using the bike for. For weekend fun, you can't be a ZX. You say you're going to be using it as a daily commuter. How far is it to work? If it's a really long distance, you're going to be more comfortable on the 500. If it's a few miles, then it's not going to make a difference, and you might as well go for the blast factor. You can get a tank bag for either bike if you have to carry around stuff like work uniforms/tools/computer stuff/whatever you need for work. The 500 is a very capable bike, don't get me wrong. I just thing that if you go with the ZX6R, you'll be happier with it in the long run.

And yes Drag, I realize that the better looking part is just my opinion. The lines on the ZX are just sexier.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:26 PM

Thanks for the input guys. Work is about 15 miles away, each way. Atlanta traffic of course, but its manageable. I will not be carrying anything with me but lunch and probably a change of clothes for the gym. I like the look of the 600 too, but that wouldnt be the main reason I would go after it. (I mean what hot girl like myself wouldnt want a hot bike, but I digress).

I think most people in Atlanta are smokin something because all of the 600's I have seen in that year rang and a little older have been in that price range, in which some of them are asking more then kbb and non-negotiable, but I am trying.

Thanks again!

Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member

i got my 95 zx6r with 17K on it for 2100 - but it was advertised at 2700 and it had cosmetic damage. most were advertising at 3000 firm.

its a reasonable price andi dont think you'd be disapointed

Old 02-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

we will need pics to confirm this statment pls
ORIGINAL: gotwork2do

Thanks for the input guys. Work is about 15 miles away, each way. Atlanta traffic of course, but its manageable. I will not be carrying anything with me but lunch and probably a change of clothes for the gym. I like the look of the 600 too, but that wouldnt be the main reason I would go after it. (I mean what hot girl like myself wouldnt want a hot bike, but I digress).

I think most people in Atlanta are smokin something because all of the 600's I have seen in that year rang and a little older have been in that price range, in which some of them are asking more then kbb and non-negotiable, but I am trying.

Thanks again!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:54 PM

I second that motion!
ORIGINAL: hoedogg

we will need pics to confirm this statment pls
ORIGINAL: gotwork2do

Thanks again!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Roger that!

Quick Reply: So I am back with a question