New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Noob. Looking at 1st bike, have questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Noob. Looking at 1st bike, have questions

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

sounds like a good deal ifthe bikewas working properly.
+1

Old 10-11-2007, 06:16 PM

So is anyone local to streamwood that can check the bike out with me? It's located in fox river grove, next to capertnersville. (sp)

Old 10-11-2007, 06:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Think of it this way.... You are just buying some one else's problems with this bike. Even worse, it sounds like a total jackass had their hands on it before. Avoid bikes that retards owned like a plague! Take my advice and you'll thank me greatly.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I'd say if you're not real familiar with bike mechanicals, thisbike is not where you want to start. Personally, I love these kinds of bikes because I enjoy the challenge of rebuilding someone else's screw-up, but you gotta be sick like me to do it. I think you'll be frustrated from the get-go, which is not a good place to begin your bike experience, believe me. If I were you, I'd keep my turbo cage untilI couldfind a gently used bikeI could actuallyenjoy. This one isn't it.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Member

haha.. +1

My KZ750 was another person's little pet project gone bad. They are fun to fix up as long as you've got skilz. Even without mad skilz, you can always buy a book and start from there. But as I've seen, not too many people do that.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:40 PM
1st Gear Member

As a professional noob, my advice is stay clear. it could become a very good bike, but it will take a lot of work, and your first bike should be a fun experiance, not a never ending headache, which this bike will become if you are learning both how to ride and how to repair at the same time.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Dont get too excited about getting your first bike. this thing sounds like a POS. yes it needs a radiator fan, it normally kicks on at 210 or so. the fuel/reserve swtich should be a T looking ****. that seems to be missing. It sounds like he'd be getting a way better deal than you. skip it brotha!

check out craigslist

also; the bogging issue i have read about that happening to a number of older model ninjas around the 98 year. If first gear is ok and the rest are crap it could be a number of different things. cleaning the carbs would help but that doesnt mean thats a total fix. why dont you sell the car first then look at a bike.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

you should have a friend that knows or a shop look at it for you. this is a buisness decision use your head not your heart.

GodI sound freakin old.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:10 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

From what I hear, say $800 if you plan on learning on how to work on this ride.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Prom

As a professional noob, my advice is stay clear. it could become a very good bike, but it will take a lot of work, and your first bike should be a fun experiance, not a never ending headache, which this bike will become if you are learning both how to ride and how to repair at the same time.
+1

For 99% of people out there, this is very true.

Quick Reply: Noob. Looking at 1st bike, have questions