New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Newfie Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Newfie Newbie!

Hi all,

Just found this site today and joined up. I live in Newfoudland, an island province on the east coast of Canada. We actually have our own time zone

I picked up my bike(09 KLX 250, surprise late bday prezzy from the wife) on May 16th. Love it so far.

I have wanted a bike all my life and finally got one. Pretty much exactly what I wanted as well. Something equally comfortable on street and dirt. I might get a street bike some day, but I love the dirt too much to be constrained right now ..

So far the forum seems a great place! Lots of good info. I even think I found a link on here re: lowering links which I've ordered today and should have in a couple of weeks. Bike sits a bit high for the wife.

See you all in the threads!!

Later!

Old 05-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Newfie Newbie!

Now its official.....welcome to the forums man. So Newfoundland is an island? I did not know that. Cool thanks for sharing with us, and thanks for the Geography lesson. Its good to know you. Oh and I think you spelled Newfoundland wrong........or did I? [8D]

Edited for spelling.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Nope you're correct. I missed one of the n's. It is spelled Newfoundland

Thanks for the welcome

Old 05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
1st Gear Member

great more canadians......

welcome mang

Old 05-23-2008, 12:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Yo welcome to the forums, The red klx seems to be getting popular, Congrats!

Old 05-23-2008, 01:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF you hoser! BTW It's a rule that you have to send me tim Hortons every time you post [8D]

Old 05-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

You hoser... Take off you ****, I'd kiss you but I got puke breath. We spent most of our time looking for beer. Classic movie man.....classic. What is Tim Horton? I heard it before but never been there. Must be a Canadian thing. Speaking of Canada, does anyone know what the requirements are for going across the border? Do I need a birth certificate? Will an enhanced license get me there? Or do I need to get a Passport even though I never plan on leaving the US? The reason I was asking is that sometime soon in the next few weeks I'm going to head over to Victoria and up the coast on the KLX. A friend that lives in Port Angeles just bought a used (less than 400 miles) 06 KLX and he wants to make a run over there. I haven't been there since my honeymoon 14 years ago.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Never driven across the border, but if it's anything like flying you will need a passport. NM: need the addy for the Timmy's nearest you and your spec? If you ever wish to return the fav. I'm an XL w/ 1 milk

Old 05-23-2008, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej Timmies is the best doughnut place in the world! home of battery acid coffee, wouldn't you agree NL_KLX250? As for getting across the border, I used to live in Western NY and border hopped all the time license, insurance, registration, passport if you have it, SS card and birth cert can't hurt. Thanks Patriot act for making getting into Canada all hard and stuff.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Ohhh yeah .. absolutely horrible stuff .. beats the pants off starbucks though .. what awful bile that is!!! Can't beat a fresh cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain tho ... mmmmmm mmm

Quick Reply: Newfie Newbie!