New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member + Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Default New Member + Help!!

Hi Guys,

My names Adam, I recently got my first ever bike an ER-5, and I love it, its not pretty but it goes and im happy, although I was wondering if anyone here could help me with a small issue im having with it,

Last week I decided to give it a service as the previous owner hadnt had one done since middle of last year, Iread up on how to do it seemed easy enough, ordered the parts of eBay - Spark Plugs oil filter, oil and air filter, changed spark plugs no problems, drained the oil flushed the engine with clean water then filled back up with clean oil also changing the filter between top ups, then changed air filter....but now it doesnt seem to be running
right very clunky and struggerling to start, periodically an awful noise
oh and i checked all the parts I ordered are definitly for the ER-5, so im
literally pulling my hair out, any ideas fellowbikers???
laters

and Thanks for your time

Adam

Old 08-08-2011, 05:04 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

drained the oil flushed the engine with clean water then filled back up with clean oil also changing the filter between top ups, then changed air filter....but now it doesnt seem to be running
This was a typo right? flushing the engine with water...

did you mess with the carbs any? There is a good chance that while you were washing the bike, water may have gotten into the carbs or some of your electrical. Drain the bowls of the carbs, and pull the electrical connectors and spray some dielectric grease onto the contacts. Almost sounds like you just have an electrical connection issue after washing the bike down. Good luck with the fix and let us know on the outcome.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Did you mean flush the water in the engine as in is it a water cooled bike? Oh and welcome to the forums.