New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New KLX owner and new to the sight

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

J-Rock stalking people is not cool......Awwwwwwwwwkward (in a high pitched voice)

Just kidding, that's cool you guys need to hook up.........NBBW of course..or not I'm not one to judge.

Man I'm on FIRE!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Whats up. The KLR used alot of oil at Spring Fling and then at Laural Fork Campout the same thing. So I got me an 09 KLX 250 like Meef has well now his wife does. So far I like it does lack some bottom end but makes up in fun at being able to toss it around.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Hahahaha, so much for setting up the sag for a one up ride!!!!! lol

Name:  keg.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  39.2 KB

Old 05-14-2009, 05:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Forgot to tell you. I am back in Flatwoods working at Midstate Chevy. Tell Randy Holcomb to kiss my **** the next time you see him. T Skeens

Old 05-15-2009, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member

haha F*ck that mother f*cker lol,, OMG I hate him so much,,, Hes a worthless sheriff,, so yesterday Ford Motor company drove down from MI with 40 09 mustangs,, it was the head supsension desinner and they was testing and doing a commercial out, Widen Ridge, well Pooopey, (sheriff holcomb) gave all 40 mustangs tickets and ran them out of town. hes such an idiot.. he does nothing but destroy this town...

Old 05-16-2009, 12:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Got the HMF put on the bike. Holy crap it day and night difference now. It will come up now it never would before no matter what you did. I hits the rev limiter to easy now. How do you guys feel about Dyno Jet kits. I dont want to hack up this bike like I did the KLR. I would like to do the reversable mods so if I need to change it back I can without have to replace parts. I can get the jet kit, Drill the air box and install some pre filters in the lid. My Uni filter will be here in a few days. Jrock ya want to ride next weekend I get off around 2. Could hit waggy ridge or come up around by the blue hole over to Johnsons camp ground I have the keys to the gate on the other side of the bridge. Doc Hoylmans place

Old 05-16-2009, 02:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Awesome! But do yourself a favor and ditch the lid, throw in some 132 and 40 jets and hang on to the bars. Are you planning on sprocket changes? If so hold on changing the back, just put on a 13 tooth up front and that will really help. If you go to a 45 in the back after your chain needs replacing then you can do it all at once since the 45 will cause you to need a new chain anyway. Have fun, stay safe and find some trails and back roads and start exploring. There is nothing funner than heading out to a place you have never been, unless you can find another riding partner to go with you, then that just adds to the fun.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Just went for a quick spin. The KLX runs better now than my 08 KLR 650 I traded off and is alot more fun. It will come up in 3rd on a hard pull on a hill(not a hard pull on the handle bars) I tried my 13 tooth yesterday but went back to the 14 now. I ride back and forth to work and dont care much for the high rpms unless I am off road. I though about some slip in pre filters for the lid 1 in holes and pop in the filter less likly for the water to poor into the airbox. I crashed the KLR in a river a few weeks ago and the water got in quick. NO harm done. Maybe now that I know our Chevy dealership is safe for now I can spend some play money on the bike

Old 05-16-2009, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

The Chevy dealer is safe for now? As in you work there? Dang I heard that 1100 dealerships are losing their contracts with GM soon, I hope you can continue. This thing with Chrysler and GM is unprecedented, and looks to be one of the biggest unnatural disasters to hit in as long as disasters have been documented. Good luck man, all the best to you and yours.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Just checked out your sight. Cool I need one of those. I spoke with another tech from the other dealer I worked at and they lost there Jeep franchise. The dealer I work for said not to worry in which I dont. I am a Master ASE Certified Technician and if I cant find work thats my own fault. I have my CDL licence to fall back on. It hurts to see all these people lose there jobs when I dont think there is really anything wrong its all the speculators brain washing everyone into thinking that the money is dring up. People in our field will always have work things break we fix it.

Quick Reply: New KLX owner and new to the sight