New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New to Kawi Rider in Northern NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally
Default New to Kawi Rider in Northern NJ

Hey folks, after 4 years of wrestling with my high maintenance KTM dual sport, which I still love but will probably end up parting out, I decided that, for my use, what I really wanted was something small, fun, and simple to scoot around out and hit a trail when I have the time. Decided on the KLX 250 and here I am. I hear there is a lot of ways to uncork this little guy (part of why it was my choice over something like the sherpa) but for now I'm still breaking in the 07 because it's got less than 700 miles on it! Maybe in the fall I'll start drilling slides and clipping springs and slipping on mufflers and such, but for now, I'm just getting used to her and looking forward to summer fun. Happy to meet new riders and looking forward to participating here on the Kawasaki forum. If it's anything like the KTM forum, It'll be the second best part of my bike purchase!

In good news, my KLR riding buddy is so happy I've slipped over to the dark side.. I mean the green side. Sorry, I'm still struggling with guilt over not getting another KTM.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice second post, I think you will fit in. Congrats on the new ride, you will find the KLX guys are the most active around here so you will have no problems getting any info you need. I believe they have a list buried in there of free mods you can do for some out of the box power, should help you when your ready to break the seal on the power. Welcome to KF, make yourself at home.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, and the best Dual Sport bike ever!!! MOLES UNITE!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 07:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the welcome Deej and Prom

The sight looks great so far, already found a couple of those uncork it threads. Is there any way to keep it from auto-logging out quickly? I tried to post something on a thread I was reading and when i went to post it said I wasn't logged in...after I had?

I keep expecting to see a paid membership option like we had on KTM talk, was a lifetime member there and the information and help I got there was worth every penny I paid and more.

if it's any encouragement, at least 2 of my friends are not mentally balanced, so I think my chances are pretty good of being okay! Love the quote.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member

There should be an option to keep you logged in, I havent logged in for at least three months, dont remember what I had to click to do it tho, and I'm sure you need cookies enabled....everyone loves cookies

No paid membership here, info is free, advice is free, but Deej's streetbike fund could use some help, remember that he can ban you

Normal people are no fun, a little instability just makes life more exciting, at least thats what I keep telling myself.

Still looking for pics of your ride, get on it new guy!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah haven't had a chance to read up on how to post pics yet. But I also just got the bike on Saturday evening (wasted no time finding forums cuz I know how valuable they are!) Haven't had a chance to take my own pics yet even (drab raining weather it's been since sat evening). When I can Im looking forward to some flattering still and action shots. It's super clean, was a one owner who just never really got to even break it in and use it. couple of small scratches from one woods lay down (less than 3 square inches of scratched area) otherwise, the classic klx green and bone stock besides a jet kit.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Only one laydown? You better break that girl in.
The easiest way for images is to link to photobucket or other host with the [img]LINK[/img] code, you can also upload to the forum if they are small enough but I usually dont bother.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:52 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to KF.
I still use photobucket for my pics. Good luck

Old 04-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF