New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

new guy on the block

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Default new guy on the block

Hay, figured I would join in on the fun. I ride a 95 ZX6R with a number of mods. I have about 3 years of rideing under my belt, and a bit of knowlage about general machanics and body work. I will up date my picks and profile soon, being that I am at work now. Just for ge wis, I am a fire fighter in the US Air Force based in Germany. Im originaly from NC and looking forward to getting home in a couple of years when my tour is up. I am looking foward to expanding my knowledg, heilping others expand theres, and makeing a few friends along the way.[sm=hiya.gif]

Old 05-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: new guy on the block

Hey! Welcome to the site!

If you don't mind me asking, what's it like in Germany?

Old 05-13-2005, 08:31 PM

Its pretty sweet. Very clean in the area Im in (farm country) but the veather is as hary as a fat swetty guys back. One minute it will be sunny and warm the next it will be rainy and cold. Just for ex. early this spring one day it was about mid 60's to 70's the next morning it was 30's and had snow flurys. Explain that one to me if you can!!!!![sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 05-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

First thing - [sm=noooo.gif] (images of hairy fat sweaty guys back [:'(])

I know what you mean about the weather, here (New Brunswick, Canada) we had the exact same type of thing. Actually, it has been around 15 to 20 celcius (warm for this time of year) here all week but last night and this morning is was -1?????

Old 05-13-2005, 08:49 PM

I can tell you one thing, the rideing aroun here is sweet when the weather is good. And I have yet begun to explor all the twistys in the area. But my ultimate desire is to ride the alps in the south, That would be awsome.[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

I bet the riding around there would be amazing, especially in the countryside! If you do a trip like that you should try to get some pics to post up (we're nosy around here!) Once I get a bit more comfortable riding, I plan on taking the camera, get a few shots from around here. I haven't had my license a week yet and have only been out on my bike twice so far - planning on going for a run tonight.

Are the roads half decent over there? The roads here are pretty rough right now due to the freeze/thaw cycle.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:12 PM

Im not sure if you are fumilure with the way roads are turmed around here, but, the A roads (Autobaun) and B roads (main roads) are very well maintained for the most part. But when you get on some of the back roads, especily beeing farm country so there is usualy not as much trafic, the pavement isnt qite so smooth.[:'(]

Old 05-13-2005, 10:42 PM

Hey inferno Welcome aboard!! I'm a Crew Dawg stationed here at Nellis AFB, NV. I'm now working in the Predator Program. Where were you before you PCS'd to Germany?

Old 05-13-2005, 10:58 PM

I came straite from tech school at Goodfellow. DEEP IN TH HEART OF TEXAS[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-13-2005, 11:20 PM

Sweet, my first assignment was in England, I ended up staying there for 6 years!! Take care and see you around.

Quick Reply: new guy on the block