New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New..

Old 11-10-2009, 01:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cavedog
Nice Looking Ride Cavedog.
Thx For Sharing The Pic

Old 11-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hey cavedog, can't help but notice it looks like ur parking in a apartment complex garage. be careful alot of the bike theft in the bay right now is from shared garages like that. locker her up good bro i don't want to see you become a victum.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:51 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

nice looking ride. I would have to agree on placing that ride in the kitchen for some security.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:16 AM

sorry i havnt posted.. i know.. my friend told me wen i told him i got a new bike.. ho told me to get frame sliders i told him i was when i reached 600 and took it in for the 1st service.. there i was ridding home in a residential street when this guy pulled out of his driveway really fast.. i swerved and drop the bike =,(.. i stoop up only to see my baby on the ground with the left mirror broken off. the dude i almost hit stared at me and took off. i lifted the bike up and started up and drove it home. i replaced the mirror..

i want to do my own service on my bike.. i am at 594mi.. what do i need to do for the first service??

Old 11-29-2009, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by hoedogg
welcome to KF. i work in san jose live in hayward. But i have a herniaited disc in my neck and out for the season. i can introduce you my road dogs, they'll be happy to have another rider.
that would be cool.. i need some feed back and tip from experienced riders PM so i can meet your road dogs

Old 11-29-2009, 04:22 AM

Name:  bike.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  96.2 KB

Old 11-29-2009, 06:15 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

That sucks on the get off. Glad to hear that you are ok and the ride only has a few rashes.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:15 PM
1st Gear Member

New riders fall prey to this sort of incident all too easily. After a few months and a few thousand miles you'll be more aware of this sort of thing and much less likely to drop the bike. You'll learn how to brake and swerve without dropping it as well. Have you done an MSF course? Then the new riders start to get confident and get into trouble at higher speeds when they start on 650s.

If you're going to have a spill, you'll have it before the sliders are fitted. That's a universal law lol. With the experience you now have you'll know not to accept it from the dealer without them on your next bike.

Still no harm done.

As for the service, it's all in the owner's manual that you got with the bike. However, doing your own servicing during the warranty period risks voiding the warranty. Better to let the dealer do at least the first service and stamp the book. Try not to cry when you pay his bill lol.

Rob

Old 12-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That guy was a D-Bag!!! Even if it wasn't his fault, he should have helped you out.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF!

Search this Thread