New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Just another guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 04:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Im sure someone on that forum could tell you..

If i was you id get a FULL exhaust.. rejet it..maybe an intakeor new filter..change the sprockets out...and have fun!

Old 10-04-2009, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah with all that stuff, carbs, full exhaust, intake, tuning and a sprokets, and if i lost about 50lbs (haha) that bike would be pretty quick, Not as quick as my friends 650R, but im sure it would keep up alot better then it does now @_@ It would probaly turn it into a 8.80 1/8th mile bike. Which would be absolutely all i would need. I just like the 0-70 accelleration, No need going faster then 80 >_<

Old 10-04-2009, 05:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Well there you go...now do it!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, thought I would give you all an update. I've been riding alot lately, and I got the urge to go do some sport-oriented riding. Well guess what happened? No i didnt wreck my bike, but I did find a nice place to ride. A friend of mine knows a person who used to own the local gokart track here, its a pretty nice place, they shut it down tho due to lack of revenu. Anyways, its mainly just a 1st-2nd gear track, but its a pretty quick and fun track to ride on, ive probaly done 50-60 laps around it, and im getting to the point to were i can do almost 30mph around it, and im also getting used to whipping the bike from left to right really quickly, actualy got my knee down really close to the ground a couple times. All in all I would say its a real fun track, about an 1/8th mile long, lots of turns and a decent straight. But it should teach me the fundamentals of sport-riding. The track is actualy pretty grippy too. I was supprised. I've also been learning clutch controll and upshifting/downshifting before and after turns.

Anyways, going in tomarrow for my first service, then I can start doing 70-75 in the interstate! woot.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Well guys hows it going? thought I would throw up an update and let you all know how things are going, i've been away for a while, busy with work and such, got 1500 left to pay on my 250r. So thats good. I've already got over 2000 miles on her 2000 miles from sept 25 to nov 5th. so like 40 days or something lol... Yeah I barely drive my car anymore, except to work and back.

Anyways the bike is running great! Pulls pretty good, alot of fun in the turns. Took it to a autoxing event agianst my friend who has been ridng for a few years on his ninja 650. And Well, my lap times were about 9-11 seconds better then his all over. Lol... hes rode my bike as well as likes it more then his 650! but he says the power isnt there for him.

So once my bike is paid off. I'm upgrading and keeping my 250r, I think. I can't decide on what I want yet.... I know I am going to be putting ALOT of miles on it... probaly 15-20k next year... I don't really want a used bike but I got a couple in mind.

It will be one of these...

2007 Suzuki GSX-R600 Red/White
2008 Suzuki GSX-R750 Orange/Black
2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R.

Or should I wait and shell out for the 2010 Kawasaki ZX6R in the beautiful Red/Black?

God I don't know... all the bikes look sick... and unfortunatly price and financing is going to play alot in the purchase... and so far I am garenteed financing thru Kawasaki... And the ebony ZX10R is marked at $9,299 brand new.... lol... I know what you're thinking "Liter bike? What?" Well I've rode alot more bikes, and my friend has been letting me ride his K9 GSXR 1000 alot lately. I like how the 1000 rides but I just think its ugly...

Old 11-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

congrats on the progress. Everyone is different in their riding learning curve and sometimes pushing it too much is a bad thing. Good luck though on your decisions. Ride safe.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mouse

my friend has been letting me ride his K9 GSXR 1000 alot lately. I like how the 1000 rides but I just think its ugly...
Thats Great!
Good Luck On Your Choice (KAWI Hint Hint)

Old 11-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

sounds like somone is having fun...lol glad ur enjoying the new ride.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:43 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks all, gotta admit tho, even tho the GSXR 1k is a "race" bike, I think the 250R is alot more nimble and I think it would handle better if it had some great tires on it. The brakes suck on the 250 lol... Yeah Im thinking of going with the Ninja next kinda got a thing going for the kawi's. Can't wait to get on that 10R tho its supposed to be an animal. gonna take it to Gateway Raceway once its broke in and im comfortable on it to see what i can make it do.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

big BIG step 250 to liter. ive owned a 05 zx10, when i crashed it i decided to move back to a 600cc. a liter bike is too much for street riding imo. good luck gear up and have fun tho

Quick Reply: Just another guy