New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

I have a question about riding

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Default I have a question about riding

I just went to the dealership to make sure I was tall enough to ride a Ninja before buying it. (im 5'7) I sat on it and about half of my foot was able to touch the ground. Is this ok?

Its a 2009 Kawasaki 250r

Last edited by brinskta; 05-13-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Did you mean half of your foot touched the ground? Oh and welcome to the forums.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 AM

Yes I meant half and thanks.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by brinskta
I just went to the dealership to make sure I was tall enough to ride a Ninja before buying it. (im 5'7) I sat on it and about half of my foot was able to touch the ground. Is this ok?

Its a 2009 Kawasaki 250r
if it is more than you tip toeing you should be fine...remember with a helmet and other gear you should compress the bike some more...if worse comes to worse you could either shave a little out of the seat or lower the bike...

Old 05-13-2009, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by brinskta

Its a 2009 Kawasaki 250r
Originally Posted by Odimus
if it is more than you tip toeing you should be fine...remember with a helmet and other gear you should compress the bike some more...if worse comes to worse you could either shave a little out of the seat or lower the bike...
Maybe I should put on a few pounds and it will be better.

I think its pretty close though, so I should be good.

Can't wait until tomorrow.

I have ridden a dirt bike for a long time and i'm going to be riding a streetbike for the first time tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Oh and to get it in neutral you just barely push up, right?

Old 05-13-2009, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

find a big empty parking lot...ride a box pattern varying your speeds from 15-25mph...no more than second gear...slow before the corners-downshift-maintain speed half way through the corner...at the apex (mid) of the turn give it a little throttle to pull you out...after 10 minutes of this go in the opposite direction... ... ...practice breaking techniques as well...the majority of your braking power is your front brake...use it wisely if you lock your rear you lose control

1-N-2-3-4-5-6 is your gearing if it is a 6 speed...just sit on the bike and turn her on...mess with all the controls and and get use to the positioning... Have Fun!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Red face

Originally Posted by Odimus
find a big empty parking lot...ride a box pattern varying your speeds from 15-25mph...no more than second gear...slow before the corners-downshift-maintain speed half way through the corner...at the apex (mid) of the turn give it a little throttle to pull you out...after 10 minutes of this go in the opposite direction... ... ...practice breaking techniques as well...the majority of your braking power is your front brake...use it wisely if you lock your rear you lose control

1-N-2-3-4-5-6 is your gearing if it is a 6 speed...just sit on the bike and turn her on...mess with all the controls and and get use to the positioning... Have Fun!!!
Thanks. When you turn it off does it have to be in neutral?

How do you get it in neutral?

Old 05-13-2009, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

it doesn't have to be in neutral...some do some don't...I always leave my bike in gear...just personal preferrence...to get to neutral depends on what gear you are in...either upshift from first or downshift from whatever gear you are in...there will be a green neutral indicator light that comes on when you are in neutral...

Old 05-13-2009, 01:14 AM

I appreciate the help.

Ill try what you said to do tomorrow in a parking lot.

Hopefully I don't drop it, haha.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member

no problem...good luck and if you have any other questions just ask...

Quick Reply: I have a question about riding