New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi from Afghanistan!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Hi from Afghanistan!

Hello everyone. I'm a civilian contractor and former Marine over here repairing Mine Resistant Ambush Protected type armored trucks or MRAPs. While on leave last year, I bought a '09 KLX250S. I'm totally new to riding altogether so I did some researching and came across this forum. I gotta say, the love some of you guys have for this little bike really caught my attention. I have an '01 Wrangler at home and I guess I wanted something like a two wheeled version of that and along with what I read here, the choice for me was pretty clear. I've only been home a couple times since then so, I really haven't logged any real miles on it. Plus, I figured it might be a good idea to take a MSF course or the like first. I'd rather my first bike not be my last.
Yeah, so I've been "lurking" here for months and I thought it was only civil to introduce myself. And I saw that HOEDOGG and others had run across my user stuff and I felt guilty .
Lastly, I've never been really been a member of any forums of any sort so I'm in the dark as to the courtesies and various protocols so, feel free to straighten me out if I start to bungle things up. Thanks everybody.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

newblud, welcome aboard. Thanks for your service.
Take your time, wear your gear, take the MSF course, and stay safe on the bike and off.
If we can help with answers to questions, just ask. Don't be shy; we all started by falling off once or twice.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

hey newblud,, Welcome to KF,, glad to have you hear,, you shouldnt be dissapointed in the little KLX,, browse around and if you have any questions about the KLX dont hesitate to ask,, thers alot of info on here,, and if you just feel like talking then The off topic section will do you fine..

Welcome to KF, and stay safe over there!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF and ask away!

Old 03-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to not only the best Kawasaki forum out there but also the greatest bike ever! I have to say that right guys?
Hehehe

Old 03-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF