New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello All

Old 09-11-2008, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by williamr
New rider on a SS? I hope the deal included life insurance and a pre-paid funeral plan.
Yea, I actually have already purchased my plot. It is a lot cheaper to buy the plot and headstone before you die. Thanks for the advice though.

In all honesty, I know this probably isnt the smartest purchase. And like your deleted post stated, I am looking into getting a 250R to ride for a year. I am not one of these squids that thinks i can handle the power of this bike because I am bigger/more mature/safer than the rest. Honestly i know i cant handle the power that this bike holds. And if you go doing something that you absolutely love, all the better. I may be young, dumb, and ignorant when it comes to experience, but at least I am intelligent enough to know that. I dont want to start off on the wrong foot here either. I appreciate hearing everyones experience. You just came across as a smartass. Thanks all for welcoming me.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the RF-1000 Shoei Helmet enclosed. It is a nice and comfortable helmet and the one I prefer to use. I also have two other helmets (HJC & Icon).

Attached Thumbnails Hello All-shoei-rf1000.jpg  
Old 09-11-2008, 05:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey don't worry about that, I started on the ZX-6R myself.... It's all depends on the maturity, intellignce and common sence levels of the individual... Be safe though and never try to think that you have master bike riding, it will only make you careless...

Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JBUX-ZX6R
In all honesty, I know this probably isnt the smartest purchase. And like your deleted post stated, I am looking into getting a 250R to ride for a year. I am not one of these squids that thinks i can handle the power of this bike .
Sorry, but I'm puzzled.

You're talking about getting a 250 for a year, which, safety apart, will male you much better rider; You say that the 6R wasn't the smartest purchase; you don't sound like an idiot, so why did you buy it? A good deal that's standing for a year, tying money up, just doesn't strike me as good deal.

This particular forum is a bit over keen on deleting posts that say things that people don't like to hear. I expect to have a lot more deleted.

Rob

Old 09-13-2008, 01:39 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

This particular forum is a bit over keen on deleting posts that say things that people don't like to hear. I expect to have a lot more deleted.

Rob
wow, I missed something here.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:46 AM

Sorry, but I'm puzzled.

You're talking about getting a 250 for a year, which, safety apart, will male you much better rider; You say that the 6R wasn't the smartest purchase; you don't sound like an idiot, so why did you buy it? A good deal that's standing for a year, tying money up, just doesn't strike me as good deal.
I meant the 6R was not the best bike as a first street bike. Also, I would much rather have made my purchase when i did then pass it up and hope a similar deal comes around in a year. What doesn't strike you as a good deal, may strike me as a good deal even if it sits for a year. Its all relative to each individual.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sorry, but I'm puzzled.

Rob
The only posts that should be getting deleted is anything threatening, racial in nature or just plain mean. You let me know if that is not the case please?

Old 09-13-2008, 02:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah

JBUX referred to my deleted post. I couldn't think of anything that had upset anyone enough to get a post deleted, but there does seem to be one missing in this thread, and there a couple of other threads that I'm shown subscribed to, but no posts, hence my comment. Maybe it's gremlins. I thought it was odd as nobody gets posts deleted without something being said to them.

Rob

Old 09-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks Rob, we'll keep an eye on things. Just as many people are lost on the forms from deleted posts as there are for taking too long to handle a problem. Its a fine line to balance. And you're right, I think before any post is deleted, I usually try to allow some dialogue between me and the poster through a private message. Thanks for reminded us moderators that there is a process.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:55 AM
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello All