New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

First street Bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: First street Bike

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

My Conus station is Ft. Gordon, GA... home of the signal pukes! I flew out of Ft. Campbell, it seemed like a pretty good place to be.
Things here in Kuwait are going pretty well. I have plenty of time off while the rest of the company is doing their stuff. There's supposed to be a sandstorm coming tomorrow though. Not looking forward to that.

Vic
If it is a really bad one I thought they were cool at first...I had never, ever seen anything like it. But it doesn't take long to hate them. If you are in one of those giant tents usually some of the poles will snap, and you get to watch these skinny little local dudes climb around on top of your tent and fix it. Crazy little dudes.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Crazy little dudes are funny! I bet Dinky would love it over here!

Vic

Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 PM

whats with all these plain old gi's? wheres the love for the Marines.. or am i the only Marine here? 0313 was my job currently out, do to blowing out my right ankle and knee

Old 07-23-2007, 07:52 PM
1st Gear Member

No comment

Old 07-23-2007, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member

they all bleed red white and blue in my book

Old 07-23-2007, 11:52 PM
1st Gear Member

0313= LAV crewman right? One thing I learned in Iraq....vehicles are the worst possible place to be. As infantry we could beat anyone on the ground, but we were always afraid of that rpg hitting us during the truck ride across town. Hey marine, I (my platoon) got uday and qusay, we were no slouches even if we weren't marines. Screaming eagles baby!

Old 07-25-2007, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Thank you for your service to our country. Welcome to KF.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: zzrick

Get ready for air assault school, the easiest 10 days at Ft. Campbell! And learn the stupid division song. I miss Ft Campbell. I know all of the good riding spots there, Let me know and I can fill you in. Also,try to get into a RSTA squadron when you get to campbell. Welcome man, and good luck.
Rick
(also an old 11B)
Thanks for the offer, I'll def let you know when I get in because I could use some great riding spots. I've been at Benning for a year now attending the various OBC's and other schools and can't wait for the move to a new place and a real unit. Also whats RSTA?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

RSTA=Recon, surveillance, target acquisition.
I was in C 3-327, we became a rsta battallion and now it consists of 3 cav scout troops, and 1 infantry companymade up of asniper section and 2 scout platoons. All the best toys and better missions, plus easy access to ranger school, sniper school, pathfinder school, etc. is what it is all about. They were all redesignatedwith scout unit identities as well. I don't remember what they are called now, lookthem up onthe 101st web site, they will be the units that should be where 3rd battallions used to be. Good luck, and let me know so I can tell you about some good roads when you get to campbell.You know they are deploying soon right? If you don't I can tell you when through email...opsec and all....
Rick

Old 07-25-2007, 11:30 PM

Oh ok I've heard of these units I just didn't recognize the acrnoym right away. Also I have heard that we're deploying soon but I've heard conflicting dates. I'll be assigned to 4th brigade but I don't know anything more then that. My email is my screenname @aol.com so if you've heard anything for 4th that you could tell me that would be great.

Quick Reply: First street Bike