You knew this was coming...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: You knew this was coming...

ORIGINAL: Notstock
[sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif]
jk hows it going Brian?
Yeah, yeah, I know was just repeating what you said, but they were such wise words I thought they could bear some repetition.

Going great, how about you, man??? Hope the juice biz is treating you well! If I was closer, I'd drop buy and buy a smoothie, or three. [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 06-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Yea it is all good here NB, sales are starting to increase and we are still in the black!

Old 06-23-2007, 02:06 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

In the black already! Usually that takes a good while to do that. Sweet! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-23-2007, 07:13 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member
Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

...honestly, I don't know why this has 3 pages- this guy needs to open up his airbox. not doing so will just keep on causing problems. getting more air in with the rest of these mods is the key and anyone with any common sense knows this. talk about beating a dead horse. it's almost as if he doesn't want to cure his problems.
Okay, you caught me. My real goal here is to mod my bike to the point where it runs likecrap and then bother everyone on this website about it. All the while knowing that I don't intend to take anyone's advice or attempt to actually fix the problem. Man you are good.

I did remove the airbox lid and the only thing I noticed aside from a lot more noise was a loss of power. It did not accerlerate as well as with the lid on and it still popped. So much for common sense. Additionally, everything that I have learned says that decel popping is related to a lean condition. Removing the airbox lid would only contribute to or further a lean condition.

However, I didresolve the popping issuevia the adjustment of the clip setting and the F/A screw. I won't say that the Koubalink is junk but I will say that in my case it was no good. The F/A mixture setting is verysensitive and the Koubalink did not allow for fine tuning because it was so hard to turn.

Everything about the bike is good now except forit occasionally dying at stoplights. But trust me, I won't bother you with that issue.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:12 PM
1st Gear Member

This forum does have an ignore feature....just sayin.

DC4500, I had the same thing with it idling down and quitting at stoplights. Turn your fuel screw in just a touch. I went from 2.5 down to 2 and am around 2 1/4 now. It holds a steady idle but is still coldblooded. At 2.5 it would fire up instantly with no choke, now it takes full choke for ~30 seconds before it will idle steadily. With the CV carb I don't think it will be possible to cure the decel pop without it running like crap on low end from being overly rich. There just isn't enough adjustment to it. I would tune it so that it runs good in whatever rpm range you tend to run in, and so that it doesn't die at stoplights. Beyond that I wouldn't be too concerned. I hate the attention it draws when it snap crackle pops coming up toa stoplight in town but I just adjusted my driving to suit. IE leave it a gear high and downshift when the revs are well below 5K, besides with the Trackmaster rear tire hard downshifting just locks it up on the pavement.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Iowaguy,

Although you last post shows as a response to bryantjt, it appears to be directed at me. I don't want to have a "who said what to who" debate with you. How about I'll just say thanks for your input and we'll call it good?

Old 06-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bryantjt

This forum does have an ignore feature....just sayin.

DC4500, I had the same thing with it idling down and quitting at stoplights. Turn your fuel screw in just a touch. I went from 2.5 down to 2 and am around 2 1/4 now. It holds a steady idle but is still coldblooded. At 2.5 it would fire up instantly with no choke, now it takes full choke for ~30 seconds before it will idle steadily. With the CV carb I don't think it will be possible to cure the decel pop without it running like crap on low end from being overly rich. There just isn't enough adjustment to it. I would tune it so that it runs good in whatever rpm range you tend to run in, and so that it doesn't die at stoplights. Beyond that I wouldn't be too concerned. I hate the attention it draws when it snap crackle pops coming up toa stoplight in town but I just adjusted my driving to suit. IE leave it a gear high and downshift when the revs are well below 5K, besides with the Trackmaster rear tire hard downshifting just locks it up on the pavement.
Just a note about down shifting, there should be no real need to ever engine brake on the pavment, use your brakes to slow you down then select the proper grear for your new speed. Locking up that rear just flat spots your tire and other bad things can happen.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DC4500

Iowaguy,

Although you last post shows as a response to bryantjt, it appears to be directed at me. I don't want to have a "who said what to who" debate with you. How about I'll just say thanks for your input and we'll call it good?
looks like iowaguy was responding to bryant, it says so in the bottom rt hand corner of his post. If I miss read his post and he was directing this to you, sorry for my mistake.

Quick Reply: You knew this was coming...