Worst Motorcycle fear witnessed

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Worst Motorcycle fear witnessed

That sucks! Best wishes for the guy's recovery.

I agree, getting rearended on the bike is a big fear of mine. I ALWAYS tap my brake long before I plan to stop, it's become almost a tic I've developed, like obsessively checking to make sure my blinker is off; and when I do stop, I always leave room for an escape route.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shaydara

Best of luck to the guy in the accident and full recovery. I really dont like seeing things like that.........................I'd rather see positive pics.
Cheers!
Sorry Bro, don't mean to bum you out. Just trying to bring some perspective to the dangers out there and hopefuly that will help others.

On a personal note, I've seen way too much of the bad side of motorcycles in the past year. My wife and I saw a draped body of a man who was thrown from a highway interchange. My Dad wrecked his Kawi Vulcan 2000. I broke my number 7 and number 10 ribs last season on my KDX200 and now this.

My dad had no business on the Vulcan (especially a 2000)as he's 65, weak andfailing in health and wouldn't listen to people who told him better. I was complacent on a hare scramble and that led to my circumstance. I don't know what led to the other wrecks but my point is that I do know that at least 50% of the last 4 wrecks could have been avoided by being smarter. That's one of the pointsI'd like to get across in thisthread as well as the dangers of being rear ended. Being rear ended is one of the hardest things avoid. Here are a couple pics of my Dads Vulcan. Notice the front forks.Name:  forks.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  139.9 KB

Old 05-09-2008, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

NextName:  forks1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  126.0 KB

Old 05-09-2008, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

About a year ago was driving home and came across abike accident Involving a car. The guy was laying in the middle of the road face down in a pool of blood, He was dead!The cops and ambulance were both there and were attending to the people in the car. I don't know why but they didn'tcover the body. The first thing I thought was that he was probably out for a nice ride on his cruiser and never in a million years did he think he was going to die in a bike accident today... IHATE hearing about bike accidents cause you know 90% of the time it isn't the bikers fault!!![:@]

Old 05-09-2008, 02:54 AM

KDXmike -[/align][/align]Where are you located? There's some of us from SVRider.com that are wondering if it might be someone we know, and the location might help us figure out who it might be.[/align][/align]Thanks, man. Had to be a rough ride.[/align][/align][/align]

Old 05-09-2008, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member

All the more reasons I hate cagers!!! i agree yapping on phones and trying to drink a coffee at the same time...
the worst Especially is some young punk in a honda or something tailgating me or trying to race...it pisses me off to no end like grab a brain and go crash in to another idiots ricer car......not me
I sure hope he is going to be ok.......

Old 05-09-2008, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Wow! Hey Mike you should go visit him in the hospital when you get a chance, you never know what sort of friendship could develop. Maybe he doesn't have anyone like family there, it would show that you care even more than the fact that you stopped. I was just thinking about this yesterday as I was turning left down toward my house. I decided that if there is a car coming up behind me and I have a choice of hoping if he's going to stop or not waiting for the oncoming car to pass, I think I have decided to take my chances with the oncoming car and turn in faster.
Deej

I've thought about that and I might just stop into the hospital to see this bro. I don't want to be a burden and step in to this bro's situation when I might not be wanted. But I will follow this and keep you updated with any info that I can find.

Mike

Old 05-09-2008, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

when riding it's always a good idea to run the "what if's" in your head. it keeps you thinking what you should be thinking as you ride.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

it takes as many decisions per second to fly a jet fighter plane as it does to ride a motorcycle..... thats why there is so many wrecks, some people just dont think fast enough, before i get all yelled at.... i know some of it is not your fault and you cant control everything, but paying attention to everything helps....

best wishes for the rider.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:22 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: orangegilly

KDXmike -[/align][/align]Where are you located? There's some of us from SVRider.com that are wondering if it might be someone we know, and the location might help us figure out who it might be.[/align][/align]Thanks, man. Had to be a rough ride.[/align][/align][/align]
I live in Frederick County Maryland. The accident took place in Montgomery County, Gaithersburg.

Mike

Quick Reply: Worst Motorcycle fear witnessed