Wix Oil Filter - Need Feedback ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 09:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Wix Oil Filter - Need Feedback ASAP

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

Right now I am pretty much planning to go get another filter this evening and swap it out. I think I will probably only be able to get a Fram this evening though, and I had just about decided against that. It might be good to use a Fram, though, so I can have the chance to cut one open and settle this whole cardboard endcap dispute.

Thanks all,
Chris

I have been using the Fram with no issues. The filter is paper with metal caps at both ends.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:08 PM

I just did my first oil change. I had also bought the Wix filter. I went ahead and installed the Wix. It does have a different type check valve than the original. I dont think it will matter. Different manufactures use different "check valve" designs.

I used to work in an auto parts store.......one day we took several brands (motorcraft, fram, carquest, AC delco, puralator) and cut them open just to see which one "looked" the best. From what I remember the Carquest (made by Wix) looked good. They all had different check valve designs. Some used an actual spring in the valve and some just a piece of "spring" steel.

Oh well.............hope it works.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Tusk First Line oil filters. The part number for the Tusk filter that fits our bike (at at least the KLX300) is TK112,
They are made by WIX/Dana.......They are the best filters made on the market to date.If you guys go to the Amsoil site they will show the breakdown on them ..........yeah they list the amsoil filter as being better but it is a synthetic filter media which will be better no matter what.The wix /Dana/carquest media is the best the I have ever scene for a motor.I myself use the factory filters all the time,,,,I also only use Amsoil in my bike and at that point i am just content as an OEM filter will stop anything catastrophic from hitting my major internals.which is what it's designed to do.....also made by WIX/DANA......you guys need to investigate further before we deal with this ...honestly.most filters are made by 2 major companies........either Allied signal (Fram) or others (WIX/Dana) 2 makers one effect.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't use it. I do use the filter for an XR Honda.