Will US parts fit on Japanese KLX250S

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Default Will US parts fit on Japanese KLX250S

I am looking at getting a KLX250S. I live in Japan and would be getting a new bike from a dealer here. I am wondering if I would be able to use parts I mail order from the states. I lose a ton of cash converting dollars to yen and would save money even with shipping costs.

Mainly wondering about superficial things like the seat, exhaust, and skid plate. Things like the shocks and carb I would bite the bullet and get it here to make sure a perfect fit (besides the whole EFI thing here and don't think US models have it yet).

Thanks for any info.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ludy
I am looking at getting a KLX250S. I live in Japan and would be getting a new bike from a dealer here. I am wondering if I would be able to use parts I mail order from the states. I lose a ton of cash converting dollars to yen and would save money even with shipping costs.

Mainly wondering about superficial things like the seat, exhaust, and skid plate. Things like the shocks and carb I would bite the bullet and get it here to make sure a perfect fit (besides the whole EFI thing here and don't think US models have it yet).

Thanks for any info.
All of the parts you mentioned (superficial) will fit. When you start dealing with anything in the fuel system is when it starts getting a lot different.

With the exhaust, you need to worry about a home for the O2 sensor...one made for a U.S. spec KLX will bolt in place though, but you'd need a weld shop to put on a bung for the sensor. Power commander equivalent like the 2-bros Juice box can be used to richen the mixture. Also, depending upon what year you buy, forks top clamp, headlight and instrument mounting are different on the 2007 and prior....sounds like you're after a new one though.

Not sure why you think the shock would be different. You should be OK there.