Wildcat Workout, PNW 4/21/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 05:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Wildcat Workout, PNW 4/21/07

Awesome!!!! That would be perfect up at Index right now. I don't think it will be necessary over at Tahuya though. It seems like a lot of people have already cleared all the winter damage. How did you mount that? I will have to do the same for some of my rides up at Index or Manastash ridge.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:58 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Actually the bar fits tight right between the pelican case and the bike rack. A couple of good bungees and you're golden.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:32 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

I'm driving over on Sat morning real early, is anyone thinking of camping Sat night?
No camping for me this time just a day ride.
Everett and vicinity riderslets come up with a meeting place and ride over together.
Ferry terminal ? time ?

Old 04-17-2007, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Picked up another 33 oz bottle, I'm carrying the two 22 oz and a first aid kit in the pelican case and the two 33 oz bottles in the camelbak.....now all I have to figure out is where am I going to fit my sandwiches I'm also bringing over three five gal gas cans full in case anyone is low before we start.

Name:  DSCN0434.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  84.6 KB

Old 04-18-2007, 12:36 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scat

I'm driving over on Sat morning real early, is anyone thinking of camping Sat night?
Everett and vicinity riderslets come up with a meeting place and ride over together.
Ferry terminal ? time ?
I don't knowwhat part of Everett you are at. We can meet at the ferry or any particular place on the way. I am thinking of taking the 7:10 am ferry. HERE is a link to the ferry schedule in case you have a suggestion for a different ferry. On the Kingston side I take viking road south until it hits the Seabeck highway. I don't really want to go on Highway 3, but if that is the consensus, I'll do it.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Picked up another 33 oz bottle, I'm carrying the two 22 oz and a first aid kit in the pelican case and the two 33 oz bottles in the camelbak.....now all I have to figure out is where am I going to fit my sandwiches I'm also bringing over three five gal gas cans full in case anyone is low before we start.

About 1/2 mile before the Wildcat entrance there is a gas station. That is the only close one that I know of. If you guys want to head down the area that I was riding last Sunday after the Wildcat ride, or any other area. The extra gas would certainly be needed. I had to turn around before getting close to the end of one of the trails in the area. Here is a picture of one of the trail maps that I was at. From talking with people Sunday, there is a lot more trails north and east of this map.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gomerpile

ORIGINAL: scat

Ferry terminal ? time ?
I don't knowwhat part of Everett you are at. We can meet at the ferry or any particular place on the way. I am thinking of taking the 7:10 am ferry. HERE is a link to the ferry schedule in case you have a suggestion for a different ferry. On the Kingston side I take viking road south until it hits the Seabeck highway. I don't really want to go on Highway 3, but if that is the consensus, I'll do it.

I will be coming from the Lake stevens portion of Everett,So any place on meeting up is ok with me. I would prefer staying off the Hwy. as well so the viking road is just fine. Its either the 7:10 or 7:55..... its about 30 minutes plus to get to kingston so the 7:10 sounds like the smarter choice.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Gonna have to meet up with you guys on the next trip. Work called today and guess who got rescheduled, and a ruff one. 10 am to 11pm. Have fun.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: secondclasshero

Gonna have to meet up with you guys on the next trip. Work called today and guess who got rescheduled, and a ruff one. 10 am to 11pm. Have fun.
Bummer man, sorry to hear that, maybe next time.[&:]

Old 04-19-2007, 06:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Guys, I was reading on the DNR Green Mountain link that if there is a planned "event" of more than 25 people that a permit is required. Are they talking about camping or any land use? This is a Sound Rider event, or at least its a link on their site, I sure hope that we all don't show up and are turned away because of some paper work snafu.[&:] Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Wildcat Workout, PNW 4/21/07