Wildcat Workout, PNW 4/21/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Wildcat Workout, PNW 4/21/07

ORIGINAL: Silver_Otter

deej I have a comply stock muffler you can barrow.[/align]
LOL yea I do too, but I'm not installing it just for one days ride, I'll take my chances I guess.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Deej, call up Muzzy and buy a packing kit. Comes with the packing plus rivots. About $25 I think.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:31 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Deej, call up Muzzy and buy a packing kit. Comes with the packing plus rivots. About $25 I think.
Really? I'm on it....thanks man[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 04-05-2007, 03:19 AM
1st Gear Member

There will probably be a DNR monkey there. They usuallycheck orv tags, and spark arrestors. I have also seen unmarkedpolice in F150's during events at Reider pit. I think they target dirt bikes on the street. I don't have a spark arrestor in mine, and my muzzy is getting pretty loud too. The best way to avoid them is to get on your bike and take off. There is no cop or DNR monkey that can catch a dirt bike on the dirt. Plus it sounds like there will be a lot of people, so I doubt they will bother you. Also, there will be other KLX's out there. You will blend in. From my first impressions Green mountain is a kind of small ORV park. When I was there a few weeks ago, I only saw 2 other bikes the whole day. So I don't think it will be heavily patrolled. Although the ORV park seems small, the surrounding area seems like a huge area to explorefor dual sport bikes. You probably know this already. Anyway I'll quit rambling

Old 04-05-2007, 06:18 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gomerpile
The best way to avoid them is to get on your bike and take off. There is no cop or DNR monkey that can catch a dirt bike on the dirt.
Have you ever seen a cop chasing video when they win...... no thanks for me ..... EMS posted this a while back, btw how old are you? Why run? If you're nice ya won't get a ticket...... I never have.......but I did run a couple times when I was 14 or so

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...ike_Chase.html

Old 04-05-2007, 06:53 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Have you ever seen a cop chasing video when they win...... no thanks for me ..... EMS posted this a while back, btw how old are you? Why run? If you're nice ya won't get a ticket...... I never have.......but I did run a couple times when I was 14 or so

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...ike_Chase.html
Interesting Video... yeah, cops are rarely 'kinder gentler' people after a chase....

+1 for the stop and show respect method... Its a whole lot cheaper....

Old 04-06-2007, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Deej. I haven't been on the forum in a while. I stopped by and saw Scat today who let me know about this ride. I should be able to make it as well so count me in. Duane

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: Silver_Otter

Ted

I'm In.
I live close, I can go take some pictures of the tail head if you would like. I'll get GPS coordinates if you like.
a16tony (Tony)
Scat (Scott)
Gomerpile (Tom)
deej (Deric)
Mike (some friend of deej's)
Silver_Otter (Ted)

Old 04-10-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Am I missing anyone?

I looked at a few of the pictures of the trail over on the ADV site, and some of it looks gnarly, I need to get Mike out and get him some experience on some trails. Some of the exposed roots will give even the best of riders a hard time.

a16tony (Tony)
Scat (Scott)
Gomerpile (Tom)
deej (Deric)
Silver_Otter (Ted)
duvallgold (Duane)

Old 04-10-2007, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Am I missing anyone?

I looked at a few of the pictures of the trail over on the ADV site, and some of it looks gnarly, I need to get Mike out and get him some experience on some trails. Some of the exposed roots will give even the best of riders a hard time.

a16tony (Tony)
Scat (Scott)
Gomerpile (Tom)
deej (Deric)
Silver_Otter (Ted)
duvallgold (Duane)

Update:

Probably
a16tony (Tony)
Scat (Scott)
Gomerpile (Tom)
deej (Deric)
Silver_Otter (Ted)
duvallgold (Duane)

Maybe
Ol guy (George)
Secondclasshero (Mark)

Old 04-10-2007, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Am I missing anyone?

a16tony (Tony)
Scat (Scott)
Gomerpile (Tom)
deej (Deric)
Silver_Otter (Ted)
duvallgold (Duane)

Update:

Probably
a16tony (Tony)
Scat (Scott)
Gomerpile (Tom)
deej (Deric)
Silver_Otter (Ted)
duvallgold (Duane)

Maybe
Ol guy (George)
Secondclasshero (Mark)
Did some work on the KLX, put a spring for a fat guy on the rear, a 300 kit and a set of Kenda tires. Between the tires and the new spring I can barely get my leg over the top. Anyway I re-jetted for the mods including a new pipe and low and behold the pipe from 2 bros is on a 2 to 3 week back order. So unless I get the pipe I won't make it. Ordered the pipe about 1& 1/2 weeks ago so theres a chance.Was looking forward to following you westsiders around.

Quick Reply: Wildcat Workout, PNW 4/21/07