What was your first bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default What was your first bike?

Here's mine, well a better representation of what mine was, but even at 14 I kept it almost as clean as this one. Hodaka 125 I forget the year, something like a 74. Oh great now I'm getting all nostalgic, where are my tissues I think I got something in my eye.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What was your first bike?

Here's the first bike I rode, but it was not mine. It was my neighbor's and it was gold. This one is mine and I bought it a few years back because my mom and dad would never let me have one when I was a kid. My actual first bike was a 1979 Kawasaki LTD 400. Not as pretty as the CT-70.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

When I was 9 or 10 years old I got a mini bike. It had a 5 horse Briggs & stratton. It had no suspension on it and the rear brake was a lever that you press with your foot and it rubbed against the rear tire and thats what slowed you down. Now that I'm thinking about it, What a piece of junk!!!........ lol

Old 10-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

this is a pic of my first bike... i love it... haha. just had to...

Old 10-06-2006, 01:38 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

my best friend had one of those exact bikes.... it was fun... also had a gokart that i flipped ontop of me.....
ORIGINAL: queenpdog

Here's the first bike I rode, but it was not mine. It was my neighbor's and it was gold. This one is mine and I bought it a few years back because my mom and dad would never let me have one when I was a kid. My actual first bike was a 1979 Kawasaki LTD 400. Not as pretty as the CT-70.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm with EMS, the KLX is my first bike.

Old 10-06-2006, 03:03 AM

1st bike was a 1968 Yamaha DT-1 that I rescued from a garage sale in 1977 for $50.00 . It did not look as good as the one in the attached pix.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2218/05646FA91B5940B099A1D2BBB5C51208.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-06-2006, 03:04 AM

this is a bike just like my first one, a 1984 kx 80 that i bought for 400.00 in 1987 and then i sold it in 1990 for 450.00. this bike was a pure blast and felt like it had as much power as my klx 250 does. i used to ride it on the streets to highschool. not the bike i learned on but the first one i owned. i learned to ride on a friends 1982 XR200, perfect learners bike. somehow though my blood is just green and i bought the klx because it reminds me of my kx when i used to ride on the streets and run from the cops ha ha. oh and take notice of the uni track stickers on the swing arm, i added those to my klx to bring back the memories. i am still a kid in my head.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1706/257B39423C3340D6BC9EC2ACFB4D2EC8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-06-2006, 03:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Let's see my First bike was a 3 1/2 hp Minibike I got for my 13th birthday. My dad removed the governer on it and to me It flew. My Sister tried to ride it Once, twisted the wick all the way and it flipped on top of her. She never rode it again. I Loved it but in a way I was jealous of my buds because one had a Yamaha mini enduro and the other had a Honda trail 70. Always wanted a trail 70 growing up.

My next bike and 1st Real bike was a 94 Suzuki DR250S which I bought off ebay doing a buy it now. I was about 42 when I got it. Call it a mid like crisis or whatever But I missed those days and missed the freedom of riding. It was Super Clean. I Rode it 2 years and did the usual mods to it and sold it for more then I payed for it.

I sold it cause I wanted more and I wanted a Street bike. Looked Real Hard at the sport bikes too But it just didnt Feel Right to Me. I wound up buying a 1200R Sporty because I guess for my age it just felt right. I honestly didnt look at the bigger harley's because I didnt think the credit union would have financed one for me. Found out later I could of gotten almost anything.

I've had the sporty about 2 1/2 years now and got about 3 grand in it in choice parts but it Looks almost stock which is just the way I like it. Like All sporty owners I've heard the girls bike crap and thought Many Times about selling / trading it in on a Real Harley but never did. Mainly because Harley has quit making my FXDX which is the only other Harley I'd really want.

Anyway was surfing the manufactors websites one night and saw the Klx250s. I was like Niiiiiice. I convinced myself that I really wanted one and that if I sold the sporty for it I could pay off some loans And have a Sweet little bike for communting and playing. I had one in my garage within about 3 days. However, I Just couldnt bring myself to sell my sporty because she's too nice and she run's too good.

I dont know about you people But I may Never buy another bike again. Between my 2 bikes they fullfill all my riding needs. Now when I go to the dealers for parts and look around I See lots of nice bikes but nothing really grabs me anymore you know. As a Old biker once told me, Buy the one that pull's at your Heart Strings.....

LV

My Bikes:

# 1

# 2

# 3

Old 10-06-2006, 03:23 AM

my first bike was a Schwinn it was wonderfull, 3 speed ,banna seat, sissy bar , slick on the back. playing cards on the spokes.

Quick Reply: What was your first bike?