what you get when you try to film your secret spot...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
sorry to hear what happened. If it is a metatarsal bone, it won't take long to heal. I will bet you will be riding in ten days. No health care insurance sucks.
BINGO, thats the bone. definally giving it more than 10 days though, the bone is kinda off set, so they said the ortho will probally watch it heal, and if need be put a pin. personally, i dont want the pin, and have gone the "quick heal" route and ended my rollerblading career because of it. im going to pull a bubba steward/chad reed and take the extra time on the injury and make sure it heals right (reed JUST came back this weekend, he took like 10 rounds off for a broken hand).

Old 04-11-2010, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilaction
Amases the crap out of me that you guys dont have universal health care.
Hah! You jest.

Sorry to hear about your foot Punk-man. You'll heal up fine.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
BINGO, thats the bone. definally giving it more than 10 days though, the bone is kinda off set, so they said the ortho will probally watch it heal, and if need be put a pin. personally, i dont want the pin, and have gone the "quick heal" route and ended my rollerblading career because of it. im going to pull a bubba steward/chad reed and take the extra time on the injury and make sure it heals right (reed JUST came back this weekend, he took like 10 rounds off for a broken hand).
Smart man, most people do not respect their feet. Last thing you want is an imperfect heal at your age ..... now my age...well ya just may say F it cause there ain't that much quality time left.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Ouch! Bummer about the foot. Looks like you'll need to do a "Take 2". Take your time, I always thought it took 6 wks for a bone to heal, is that not right? I broke my collar bone just putting around, got crossed up in a rut, wasn't even going fast, and just landed wrong, actually I think the bottom of my helmet is what did it as I landed and my neck went over and the bottom of my helmet hit it. I couldn't ride or do anything with that arm for a few weeks. And I didn't try to ride for about 6 wks. Hope it heals good and doesn't require a pin.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:42 AM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Nobrakes;415188]Take your time, I always thought it took 6 wks for a bone to heal, is that not right?./QUOTE]

for the most part yes, but there are bones that take as much as 2-3 months though.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

That sucks man, i didnt even see what happened. was it just the ruts? Ya were not even going that fast.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the foot. Time to detail the bike I guess. Grease and rust control

Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
Thats the spirit. Kick back, relax, and just let the body do its thing to heal that bone. No need to push yourself and potenially inflict more damage.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the foot, heal up fast....summer is just around the corner.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Sorry to hear about the foot, heal up fast....summer is just around the corner.
dont know if i can handle riding in 105 degree heat again. you get tired really fast that way.

Quick Reply: what you get when you try to film your secret spot...