What would you have if money was no object

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 08:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default What would you have if money was no object

Just following up from Marty's happy with his KLX thread I wondered if money was no object what bike(s) would you have and why. Would you be happy with the KLX or would you get something else. I love my KLX for what I can afford and what I want to do with it it's perfect for me esp with the S/M wheels. However if money was no object I'd have

1. A Gas Gas 250 or 300 for off road. I love 2 strokes, I love the power delivery, the simplicity of them and the light weight.

2. KLX250 / 300 as a commuter, of course with the S/M wheels and road tyres

3. Aprilla 450 or 550 S/M as a play bike. Sexy looks, smooth twin with heaps of power and light weight make this king of the canyons

4. Either a GTR1000 or maybe a BMW touring bike. I really like the GTR but maybe they are getting a bit long in the tooth. The beemers Appeal to me for an effortless comfortable tourer

Well thats my list, what would you have?

Cheers

Old 11-09-2006, 10:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What would you have if money was no object

A BMW touring bike. The dual sport BMW would also kick ***! I like the KLR650, but unfortunately, you know the BMW is a little nicer. I would turn my KZ750 into a drag/street bike. No need to change much anything on the Ninja 250R, so I'll get a Triumph daytona 675 for the sexy sounds of the triple, and the ZX14 so I can kill myself in bliss!

Old 11-09-2006, 12:35 PM

MaverickAus,

GTR1000 is long in the tooth? Heck, I have an A-1 model that I still ride! 21 years old and counting, still a very good bike.

I also have an A-18 KLR650, another one of the bikes Kawasaki built and forgot to put any real "issues" into it. Oh there are a couple of snits like the "Doohickey" but otherwise it's a decent bike. Both of them have been called "Showroom Classics" by Peter Egan in Cycle World last year.

While I do not have a mega-surplus of money, I find that by picking and choosing carefully, you can make your money go a long, long way and still wind up with an excellent fleet.

With the above two motorcycles, my KLX250 and my V-Strom, I'm thinking I have a bike for just about every need that I currently have.

Oh, I could have bought a BMW anything, or I could have the V-Strom, KLX and KLR for about the same price. I chose the later.

Sometimes it's not having that bottomless coffer, but simply using the available money in an efficient manner.

Perhaps my head is screwed on crooked or something, but I've never been one of those folks that likes to show off their vehicles to others, aside from letting them see the tail lights on whatever I'm piloting at the time!

[sm=gears.gif]

Old 11-09-2006, 02:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Just for fun I would take the new fuel injected Suzuki R450 motor and shove it in the KLX and turbo charge it.

But then I would get a KTM625 SM and probably a WR450.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

if money was no object..... do we wanna keep this relating to bikes?
id have a huge garage, 3 or 4 trucks, s nova ss, chevelle ss, yenko camaro , impala ss, a nice big cruiser bike, a couple sport bikes, and a few dirt bikes, some quads, a new corvette zo6, um..... just alot of things with pistons.... i love motorized vehicles... a couple boats, couple jet skis, a snowmobile or two... kinda like bad bear, or vfrpilot.... i think they have a tunnel from thier houses to the federal reserve....

Old 11-09-2006, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Angelina Jolee ..............................................

Old 11-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

haha..... sorry bud money doesnt buy everything.....

Old 11-09-2006, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

haha..... sorry bud money doesnt buy everything.....

I do believe there is a price for most things like that!

Reminds me of the joke about the guy that walks into the diner, sits down and the very good looking waitress comes over to take his order.

He looks her right in the eyes and says, "I'm from out of town, would you come with me to my hotel and make mad, passionate love to me all night for $2,000,000?"

The waitress thinks about it and agrees.

The guy then asks her is $2 would be adequate.

She slaps him in the face and asks, "What kind of girl do you think I am?"

He simply states, "Dear, that has alread been established, we're simply negotiating price!"

Old 11-09-2006, 04:23 PM

[sm=guilty.gif] Whups, wrong button!

Old 11-09-2006, 06:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Very funny!
A guy at work here has a KTM 950 Super Enduro, very cool. You gotta love the dual exhaust!
I guess that bike would work for a while.

Quick Reply: What would you have if money was no object