What Throttle Cable For The Vortex?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 04:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default What Throttle Cable For The Vortex?

I wanted to see from those here who have this throttle what cable they are running.

Thanks
________
Bmw e12

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:34 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

The stock pull cable works just fine (you will have to re-adjust it to get the proper play). You'll end up removing the push cable altogether.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I figured you could do that but someone said it didn't work too well for them. So Thats why I was wandering if someone was maybe rigging the push cable as a pull...or getting a motion pro...or swapping a cable from some other machine.
________
Interracial Pregnant

Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Stock pull only works well for me.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:46 PM
1st Gear Member

I posted a while back that with my KLX300 anyways, the stock cable does not actually fit the Vortex throttle. Although it will thread in with a wrench, the cable and throttle do not have the same pitch threads. Once installed all the adjustment must be done at the carb. I have an FCR35 carb and have been trying to get some cables made for a few different throttles and have found it very difficult in these litigious times. Many of the big cable makers will no longer make a single pull cable for a four stroke. If anyone knows a cable maker let me know.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Try Terrycable, they can make cables. Ty Davis' dads company?

Can someone tell me if the vortex throttle is similar to a gunnar gasser?

Old 12-13-2008, 01:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AgoosSS
I posted a while back that with my KLX300 anyways, the stock cable does not actually fit the Vortex throttle. Although it will thread in with a wrench, the cable and throttle do not have the same pitch threads. Once installed all the adjustment must be done at the carb.
Thats part of the reason I asked, I remembered someone saying something about that a while back but I wasn't sure. And I think the thread died without anyone ever confirming anything as far as the cable and throttle goes.

So it doesn't work well but it does work, right? I mean, we have these previous guys saying theirs work. Even if it might not be a perfect fit I would be satisfied as long it does fit and can be adjusted in a reasonable fashion. I don't want it to be rigged too much and have it not work right half the time. Know what I mean?

I appreciate the feedback guys.
________
Vaporizer wiki

Old 12-13-2008, 03:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RaceGass
Try Terrycable, they can make cables. Ty Davis' dads company?

Can someone tell me if the vortex throttle is similar to a gunnar gasser?

I have both the Motion Pro Vortex and Motion Pro's version of the Gunnar Gasser along with others I have collected for experimenting. They are very different. The Vortex is much smaller/compact and has almost half the throttle throw of the Gasser. The Gasser comes with an adjuster bolt while the Vortex does not. They also have different size threads for the adjuster bolt, along with being different from the stock set up. The Gasser will not work with the stock cable like people are doing with the Vortex. I tend to like short throw throttles, especially the way the Vortex is made and works, but I think something in between the Vortex and Gasser would be ideal, especially with the FCR35.

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
Thats part of the reason I asked, I remembered someone saying something about that a while back but I wasn't sure. And I think the thread died without anyone ever confirming anything as far as the cable and throttle goes.

So it doesn't work well but it does work, right? I mean, we have these previous guys saying theirs work. Even if it might not be a perfect fit I would be satisfied as long it does fit and can be adjusted in a reasonable fashion. I don't want it to be rigged too much and have it not work right half the time. Know what I mean?

I appreciate the feedback guys.
Does it work? Yes, kinda, but not to my satisfaction. The threads of the cable and the throttle are just close enough to allow you to thread the cable in tight. It will stay tight but you are essentially stripping the threads of the throttle and have to do all the adjusting at the carb end. This seems and works fine for most but I just don't care for it. I will eventually find a throttle and cable that will correctly work with my FCR35. All the single cable throttles are designed for 2 strokes, which makes it very difficult to find a cable to work with the 4 stroke carbs.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

thank you
________
Cumshot Girl

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:07 AM
1st Gear Member

thanks for the schooling

Quick Reply: What Throttle Cable For The Vortex?