What mods gave most performace gain?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 06:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What mods gave most performace gain?

bikebandit.com is a good source of kawasaki parts.

If you've added fuel without increasing air, you may be running too rich which might be the cause of the bog. I'm running the KDX snorkle, crank vent mod, slide port drilled to 7/64ths, N1TC needle with clip 2 down from the top, 125 main, stock pilot, 2.5 turns out on the pilot screw, and Muzzy full system. It runs so well it's amazing to me that it's only a 250. Cracking great throttle response and no hint of bog.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bmwhd

Don't quote me [8D] Tony found the snorkle. FWIW, it is the KDX200 (among others). Part number is what matters and that's 14073-1577
I figured out just now that 14073-1577 is also the snorkle used on the '94-'96 KLX250R. No wonder it works so well on our bikes [8D]

Old 04-04-2006, 07:48 PM

Bike bandit is out of stock of the snorkle, I have not been able to find another one anywhere else. I ordered it close to maybe 2 weeks now, and its been on backorder this whole time.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I still have not been able to find it myself. Can anyone tell us an alternate site for the kdx200 snorkle?

Old 04-04-2006, 09:45 PM
1st Gear Member

You might try http://www.worldofpowersports.com

Also, have you asked your dealer? Mine can get parts in 3 days usually but the price is a bit higher.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:58 PM
1st Gear Member

how much louder is it after drilling the stock muffler...and will i have to fuss with the carb after i drill it?

Old 08-10-2006, 10:16 PM

I drilled mine out and noticed a slight difference, but not much. It was a little deeper in pitch and slightly louder. I must say, however, that the Muzzy I just put on is worth its weight in gold as far as performance goes. In my opinion, only the 13t sprocket gives you more increase in performance. Disclaimer: all of the other mods were already complete when I added the Muzzy. Glad I held out for it instead of the Big Gun - I prefer the look of it and it is PLENTY loud. I hear the BG is even louder; which I consider a detriment.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:36 AM

What do you guys think about the mods to the carb listed step by step in the post about the HMF slip-on that is now supposed to be available? They recommend different carb mods and have dyno tested them.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:43 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

The Muzzy is stainless so rust is not an issue, but yes there have been a few fit and finish issues...
For myself, there was one spring hanger missing (as many people have also experienced).

Also, one of the cap screws in the muffler was rounded off, and my quiet-core won't fit into the muffler end... I just sent it back yesterday, they said they'd send me a new core and screws.

Quick Reply: What mods gave most performace gain?