What do I need to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member
Default What do I need to buy?

Ok, I would like to fork out the money to get the muzzy exhaust and dynojet the bike. I know th muzzy #1014-00087. Do I buy the dynojet kit #2206?

Or do I buy 125 Main Jet #92063-1069, Needle-Jet N1TC #16009-1912, Needle Collar#92143-1667, Clamp, Needle Jet #92037-1401

Basically what parts do I need to get the carb to work? Also, I have a real good idea on how to dynojet the bike but if anyone can give me a link to what ever directions they used, I would appreciate it.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What do I need to buy?

Either the kit or the parts will set your carb up right. The kit has a few more main jet sizes, so you can play around with different configurations (airfilter& airbox mostly), but nothing says you can't order a coupleextra mainjet sizes with the other parts. Either way, the carb mods go hand in hand with the aftermarket exhaust.

Personally, I went for the Dynojet kit, since I drilled my exhaust, first then went for a Big Gun later ... the Dynojet kit had me covered for the main jets that I needed at both steps. I'm also playing around with air filter and snorkel configurations, so I'm not done yet. It may be a moot point, since I'll probably install a pumper before next season starts.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

FYI - the Dynojet kit does not come with a #40 pilot jet, so if you'd like to go up on the pilot jet, you need to buy that separate. The kit has four mainjets, and an adjustable needle and clip.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:34 PM

One thing to consider as wellis that the jet sizes in the kit do not match up directly with their corresponding numbers if you get the Kawa part #s. For example, a 128 main jet in the kit will not be exactly the same size as a 128 main purchased loose. I don't know exactly how much different they are, but Marty pointed this fact out to me at TdAII. Either jet will fit and work fine, it's just that the size differences can cause some confusion when trying to compare a bike jetted with the kit versus a bike jetted with loose jets.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

What altitude will you be riding at? Jet sizes need to be different at higher altitudes. You can search the posts for high altitude combinations.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Another thing to consider, as this was an option with my Suzuki. Either use the Dynojet needle and jets or Kawi needle and jets. On the Suzuki the taper on the Dynojet needle/jets was different and a few guys figured out early they didn't work well together.

I did all the Kawi parts as described elsewhere and put in the 125 main. I also bought the 128 main thinking I might need it when drilling out the first baffle. But so far so good. You will see a big difference in starting and running !

Old 01-19-2007, 03:40 AM
1st Gear Member

I ended up purchasing the muzzy last night, and I had foud a FMF Jet Kit. This jet kit is adjustable, comes with the drill bits you need and most important, a set of directions. The jet kit is designed for the KLX300R, butaccording to thekawasaki web site, the KLX250 has the same carb.I didn't order the dynojet kit because I was not able to find a list of what is included in the kit. The FMF Jet Kit was a little more expensive the the dynojet kit, oh well the jet kit and the muzzy ended up $400 including shipping. If anyof you have used/heard of this jet kit please tell me what you had thought of it.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:16 AM
1st Gear Member

From what I have heard, the Dynojet and FMF kits are identical.

ORIGINAL: Gomerpile

I ended up purchasing the muzzy last night, and I had foud a FMF Jet Kit. This jet kit is adjustable, comes with the drill bits you need and most important, a set of directions. The jet kit is designed for the KLX300R, butaccording to thekawasaki web site, the KLX250 has the same carb.I didn't order the dynojet kit because I was not able to find a list of what is included in the kit. The FMF Jet Kit was a little more expensive the the dynojet kit, oh well the jet kit and the muzzy ended up $400 including shipping. If anyof you have used/heard of this jet kit please tell me what you had thought of it.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I bet the instructions say Dynojet right on them.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Well at least I didn't go wrong with the extra $10. I am suprised that all the sites that sell the dynojet do not say what is included in the kit (or all the sites that I had found in 4hrs). I should get it tomorrow, or early next week. I'll tell you guys if it does say dynojet on any of the packaging. that would be funny.

Quick Reply: What do I need to buy?