What boots do you wear riding?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What boots do you wear riding?

To me, they also look kind of girly... I wouldn't be caught dead in those things.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:33 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

well damn [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 01-19-2007, 02:29 AM

Fox Off Road Trackers

Old 01-19-2007, 05:05 AM

I also have the Fox Tracker that makes 4 of us with them. Is there a pattern? I find it hard to shift with MX boots so I only wear them when doing heavy off roading. The rest of the time I use these. They are the Set Up Urban boots and they offer good ankle protectionthere very comfortable and make shifting gears real easy.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:14 AM

I bought some nice Sidi motocross boots, but they are too stiff and I can;t operate the controls while wearign them. I actually now wear my Sidid sportbike boots when trail riding. They at least have better rpotection that my street boots.

Maybe I'm just not used ot motocross boots, but do these things ever break in? I've loved all other Sidi boots Ive owned in the past, but I can;t get my toe under the shifter, or lift my toe up to operate the brake pedal. Any suggestions? I have a $150+ pair of boots that I can't use.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey, i'm also using the Fox Trackers, make that 5!

Dave

Old 01-19-2007, 05:42 AM

ORIGINAL: motoguy128

I can;t get my toe under the shifter
I have never worn MX boots, but I know at TdA several folks had to adjust their shift levers to compensate for new boots. There is a single screw that you undo and then you can index the lever up a spline or two. I think most folks only needed that much.

As for the brake side, I was told that you just get used to it.

Mike (sullydirt) said that he was told to put on his boots, spray himself down with water and push mow his yard. He actually did that. He said the neighborhood kids thought he looked like Frankenstein plodding along through the yard. I imagine that he did.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:34 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cwgoff
but I know at TdA several folks had to adjust their shift levers to compensate for new boots.
I resemble that quote.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I got some Thor Quadrants a while back and they seem fine, no complaints. There have been a few cases where I was really glad I had them on such as rocks and especially sticks get kickup up by the front tire and kind've like a pole vault action jam into my foot/ankle as the bike moves forward. The hard boot is a great comfort and that stuff just bounces off. Shifting is fine, I didn't need to raise my shifter, but I did lower my brake pedal a bit to keep from riding the brake.

Quick Reply: What boots do you wear riding?