whadja all get for christmas??

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:11 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: whadja all get for christmas??

Wow! Alotta great presents!

I got a pair of Sidi Discovery boots so I can retire the old combat boots I've been wearing. I've only been out riding in them a fes times. They'll take a while to break in, but it still feels great to actually be wearing some real boots.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Nice looking boot. How is the ankle protection on that? I am happy with the sidi boots as well. Did not think that there was any break in time for them actually.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I got my v2k earlier this month , a set of engine guards, a set of saddlebags, a cobra tach, and a canon digital rebel xti ,Ive been a goooooood boy! the offical thank you will commence shortly.

Sounds like yall got some good stuff too!!

Old 12-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yoman1

I got my v2k earlier this month , a set of engine guards, a set of saddlebags, a cobra tach, and a canon digital rebel xti ,Ive been a goooooood boy! the offical thank you will commence shortly.

Sounds like yall got some good stuff too!!

Old 12-25-2007, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

Nice looking boot. How is the ankle protection on that? I am happy with the sidi boots as well. Did not think that there was any break in time for them actually.
There's nothing specifically for the ankle, just a stout boot overall, but not a motocross boot by any means. As far as break in, the leather is fairly stiff, I'm still finding myself lifting my foot off the peg to upshift, rather than tucking my toe under the shifter.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I got a back up cam for my truck so hooking the big trailer will be easier,and more great tools for work ( she's alway so good to me that way)My kid bought me a 50' air hose on a reel for the garage.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I got a Rubik's Cube, 1/2" Torque stick, Small screw driver set, and a Stihl MS230 chain saw. I love the chain saw. Used it today to cut downa dozen or so tree for firewood.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Unabiker rad guards
Clarke tank (in green)
Front brake line gaurd
Folding mirror

Oh and some clothes!

Old 12-26-2007, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

These boots are great, but your question about ankle protection suggests good observation on your part. There is really none against twist or hyperextension...as my right ankle will attest. I got my ankle caught under my handlebar when my front wheel washed out on hard pack. My right foot was pushed down and twisted to the left... hard. This was two months ago and it isn't well yet. I got a pair of Alpinestar Tech 7's for real, honest to goodness ankle support. For a dual sport boot, the Sidi Discoveries are the best. Waterproof, comfortable to ride or walk in, and not bad looking for general public appearances. But as was previously said, don't expect them to work for all out motocross work...or crashing! The Tech 7's are like a plastic cast. Fairly comfortable, but I wouldn't want to walk far in them. And I can't shift without total lift and stomp action. Had to move my shifter up a bit to make room. It's all give and take.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Old 12-26-2007, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Yep, I liked my old Sidi's too (they lasted 4-years of rough off road riding) but switched to the AlpineStar Vectors and have never looked back!

Name:  BOOTS.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  58.9 KB

Quick Reply: whadja all get for christmas??