well this was unexpected !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Heck they're even against mountain bikes. I know that alot of you will think what I'm about to write here is crazy and maybe it is but I have been doing a LOT of research. I suggest that before you make any critisizm you do too. You can start by looking into the Bilderburg Group, the Trilateral commision, and the Council on Foreign Relations.The NWO has an agenda and part of that agenda is to control every aspect of your and everyone else's life. If you believe in freedom it is time to start paying attention and get involved. Join the AMA and the Blue Ribbon Coalition, and try to attend forest service user group meetings in your area. There are people out there that hate what we love to do and want to see it stopped just because they don't like it. So much for open mindedness and diversity. They're currently better organized politically and better funded. They are counting on responses like wild cards basically roll over and give up. Fight back,that is what the US was founded on, it what our politcal structure was supposed to be all about.We're the only country in the world that has that right and we're letting apathy, laziness, and misinformation from the media destroy it. Even though the US gets critisized by every other nation that doesn't stop them from wanting to come here. And thats because, in theory anyway, we're the only nation where the average Joe can tell the government to go F@#& itself. A "government of the people for the people" not a government of Ivy league theoryists in bed with huge corporations, wacked special interests the UN and the EU. I guess if you want to go riding or shooting or anything else that's fun you'd better become a cop. Thats all I'm going to say about it.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:47 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KDXmike
That's the whole point. Off road bikes are barely tolerated and government on all levels would rather you not have one. They don't want to ban them outright so they make it not worth having one by squeezing us year after year. I get complaints from mountain bikers on a regular basis about where I ride. Share the trails!

M
Yeah, the occasional mountainbike negativity is real tunnel vision on the part of some of those MTB riders. Those who practice that kind of bias are fairly ignorant of the big picture of land closure. Many of these MTB'ers think that their activity is green and self-righteous, while the Sierra Club and other environazis are working hard to boot them off the land too. I do 4X4, mountainbike, and dirt bike, and all participants had better realize that those 3 activities are in the same boat.

On my May Moab trip this year, I was doing the White Rim Trail on my KLX and came upon a woman MTB'er in her 40's who was sitting down leaning against a rock. I briefly stopped to ask if she was OK or needed help...maybe a mechanical or a physical issue. Her initial response was, "I didn't know that you motorcycles were allowed on this trail." No answer to my concern if she needed assistance. I said motorcycles had been on this trail for many, many years. She just frowned and shook her head in a very obvious display of disdain. What a bitch! I just drove off.

In a few minutes, I came upon 3 other middle-age folks on their MTB's, and they were working on one of the bikes. I work part time at a friend's bicycle shop, so I'm a decent bike mechanic. These 3 folks were all smiles and quite friendly. I helped them readjust a crooked V-brake, and then told them I was a bike mechanic at a shop. They were tickled to death. We talked a couple of minutes, and I found out that the first grumpy lady I met was in their Western Spirit supported group. What a hypocrit that first bitch was...Two big 4X4 vehicles supporting their mountainbike ride on the White Rim. It was no wonder that woman was riding alone. This is the kind of tunnel vision that some MTB people have.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Yeah, the occasional mountainbike negativity is real tunnel vision on the part of some of those MTB riders.
As you were saying, most of the mountain bikers I encounter on the trails a very cool. The mountain bikers at my favorite riding spot have transformed the trails into a major course in many places. They dig holes build jumps and all kind of stuff. So ya, they better watch out too. I don't care what they do on the trails. Whether it be hiking, biking, hunting, camping, partying or a combination of those things. But there's always one or two "busy-bodies" in the bunch who want to stick their nose in your business.

M

Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

but you could probably fix their nose quite easily
i hate it when they give you a look then seem to want to lecture you on how you should or shouldnt do things, usually i respond with mind your own business