WEBCAM report

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:09 AM
1st Gear Member
Default WEBCAM report

vroom!!!

Install was easy. Had to go up 2 shim sizes on exhaust cam and 1 shim size on intake cam.. may be they grind the journals down slightly to clean them up.. IDK, but after the break in, I rode all night.. The bike seemed to be in pain, struggling for something before the cams.. with the higher lift and longer duration, the engine just seems more relaxed with the 351, more responsive, and of course, more power.. Its smooth power, its hard to explain how the engine feels now.. it just feels "right" like cams, exhaust, and big bore are supposed to all live together.. sorry this isnt so technical, but I am no mechanic

Old 10-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Tiger or anyone else. My bike seems to not have the power it once had, it seems to take off slow, could valves needing adjusted cause power loss that would be that noticeable? I was told years ago, if your bike starts really easy, then the valves are perfect. Mine starts perfectly. Any thoughts?

Old 10-11-2011, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by T_i_G_e_R
vroom!!!

Install was easy. Had to go up 2 shim sizes on exhaust cam and 1 shim size on intake cam.. may be they grind the journals down slightly to clean them up..
That's how they normally achieve the change in profile, by grinding down a stock cam.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Any thoughts?
Ya, stop riding the Honda.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:56 PM
1st Gear Member
Talking

...My bike seems to not have the power it once had, it seems to take off slow, could valves needing adjusted cause power loss that would be that noticeable? I was told years ago, if your bike starts really easy, then the valves are perfect. Mine starts perfectly. Any thoughts?
How's your weight loss program going??? LOL

Just teasing you Deej. Couldn't resist.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej: Are you still running a 40 pilot jet? I went to a #38, but it was too rich and went back to stock #35. I bet you're running a little rich on the pilot circuit, and that helps the bike start easier. Plus, you have perfected the starting ritual. When was the last time you checked valve clearance?

Old 10-11-2011, 04:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Tiger:
Would love to see a dyno chart! Esp before and after cam mod.
What was their turn-around time?
Any reason I wouldn't want to send my cams in at the same time I sent jug to BB for 351?
Why did you choose the 101 grind over the other options?

Last edited by IDRIDR; 10-11-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

deej, is it a 250 or big bore? Might need a new piston/rings imo. Time for a BB 351?? Valve clearence should be not an issue unless its your seats which are making you lose compression.. I was shocked to see the wear I had after 8800 miles.. scarry

I would definately recommend cams with the 351 .. seriously, all the sputtering, growling, non-linear power band issues, all gone after cams.. yea yea sounds like all of my ranting each time I add something, but this was a serious difference.. the power delivery, feel of the bike is totally different..

there is a 58 grind from webcams that is more radical, but you will have to pull off your head, replace the valve springs with a 125$ set of springs, and you will lose several valve spring retainers in the process, have to order them from online, it would be a pain, and I have no idea how the bike will run with them.. I do plan to send in my worn stock cams to get the more radical grind as I am working on a used head, porting polishing it and re-lapping the valve seats.. we will see this spring how she works. for now, I am happier than a new husky owner.. Im serious.. the bike pulls smoothly now.. tm-36-68 is acting like it belongs on the bike, and I pull 2nd gear power wheelies.. I am willing to guess the bike is 33 hp now..

Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Tiger or anyone else. My bike seems to not have the power it once had, it seems to take off slow, could valves needing adjusted cause power loss that would be that noticeable? I was told years ago, if your bike starts really easy, then the valves are perfect. Mine starts perfectly. Any thoughts?
The "hard-starting" due to valves getting tight is usually gets more pronounced as it gets warm....

Old 10-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiskeyTF
Ya, stop riding the Honda.

Hahahahaha......yeah

Quick Reply: WEBCAM report