Vehicle change

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Vehicle change

Nope not the KLX, trading my 03 Ram 2500 for an 06 silverado 2500, fully fully loaded.

I actually found a chevy forum, that is build exactly the same as this one It's like I'm right at home.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Vehicle change

i wouldnt trade the klx either, but i am with you on the truck trade, i am gonna trade my 04 rumblebee in, looking at a 4door 05' ram 2500 diesel 6spd

Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 AM

I personally like the new GMC Sierra's better than the Silverado. I like the front end and grille along with the punched out sheetmetal fender flares over the wheels better than the more edge Silverado. However, the Chevy's are quite nice too. One downfall ofboth trucks is the tranny. Putting the 4-speed in the majority of them is gonna bite them I think as many other makes are putting in 5 and 6 speeds standard. They've already shut one truck plant totally down due to slow sales. With crude oil closing in on $100/barrel, I'm glad I traded my 4x4 Hemi Ram for a new Ford Fusion V6 that gets 30+ on the highway. I miss the truck though.[&o]

Old 10-23-2007, 05:29 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy.

I personally like the new GMC Sierra's better than the Silverado. I like the front end and grille along with the punched out sheetmetal fender flares over the wheels better than the more edge Silverado. However, the Chevy's are quite nice too. One downfall of both trucks is the tranny. Putting the 4-speed in the majority of them is gonna bite them I think as many other makes are putting in 5 and 6 speeds standard. They've already shut one truck plant totally down due to slow sales. With crude oil closing in on $100/barrel, I'm glad I traded my 4x4 Hemi Ram for a new Ford Fusion V6 that gets 30+ on the highway. I miss the truck though.[&o]
Sierra and Silverado is more or less the same truck, just different looks, and even that is pretty close. I like the front end on the chev, it looks more badass I think, straigher lines and such.

You'll be happy to know that the 2500HD has an Alison transmission with 6 speeds, which can be changed to manual mode on the automatics. Its a good setup I wouldnt even bother with the 4 speeds, dont know if they come in the heavy duty units.

Anyway she moves, I think the stock is something like 360HP+bully dog chip and stage 2 air intake add another 125.....

Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 AM

it's torque in the HD trucks. I think the new Super-Duty has everyone beat with torque and tow ratings currently. they all could pull a darn barge though, jeez. the GMC's are a little more "upscale" than the Chevy's, like Mercury/Ford or Dodge/Plymouth. Like I said though, I'd take either one of the two. I like the Z71 1500, I don't need a HD truck or any truck right now for that matter.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:03 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

Nope not the KLX, trading my 03 Ram 2500 for an 06 silverado 2500, fully fully loaded.

I actually found a chevy forum, that is build exactly the same as this one It's like I'm right at home.
Well at least post a picture of the KLX in the new ride will ya?

Old 10-23-2007, 06:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

Well at least post a picture of the KLX in the new ride will ya?
Ah I would have but the Chevy is quite dirty and needs to be touched up a bit here and there. It just came inot the father in laws shop today (he was going to keep it for himself hahah) When the rig is in my name and i've got some decent tires on it i'll share with all.

Iowa waht do you mean more upscale, like the GMC the higher end of GM trucks while the Chev is the lower end? If this is true (but i dont think it is) I dont know where they got it from. I spent the day driving 2 of each brand of trucks in the 3/4 ton diesel class ranging 05-06 and the only reason I didnt get the GMC was because I didn't like the styling as much as I did teh chevy. they both handled the same.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:21 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, congrats on your newest. I can't say what I have then!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

hahaha, congrats on your newest. I can't say what I have then!!!
gotta share now!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I have the pwr stroke excursion limited. Hauls my toys just fine. Couple of my kids get tired at the track, so they watch movies

Quick Reply: Vehicle change