The USMC Dual Sports Hardcore

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, they are pretty heavy duty. I've seen a few of them out here at Camp Pendleton, but never inquired about how to get on one. I would assume they are for MARSOC (Marine Special Operations Command) or Recon.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Thanks Jason, I remember the HULU comercials now. I thought about Google, but only after I had written my funny question with all those acronyms.
LOL, yeah I know, after you know what HULU is the commercials make sense..but when you first see them its like "HUH?...what??"

Its no wonder the economy is such crap with people in charge of things that are so stupid.

Ad Rep - "Hey, I got an idea! lets advertise a product, and not tell people what it is exactly, just make up some goofy arbitrary commercial about something else, that way, less people will come to our site. It all works out, we waste money, and small amounts of people show up."

Supervisor - "Great work Johnson, promotion for you!"

That should be an anti drug campaign slogan right there.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
I was dismissed from the Corps because of a motorcycle accident....and yes, it was a bad one. It would have to be to warrant something like that.
Were you an ad sep or a med board?

I've been on a board for a back injury for the last 9 months...

Old 05-17-2009, 03:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xplosivo1
Were you an ad sep or a med board?

I've been on a board for a back injury for the last 9 months...
I'll be honest with ya.... I don't know. Or I should say, I don't remember. I remember the Gunny and Staff Sergeant being in my hospital room right after I got out of surgery, along with my parents. Combining the anesthetic, with the extreme pain, along with it being over a decade ago.... I remember very little. Just the few important sentences about how I was done.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

HULU is DA BOMB!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I wonder of all the bikes to choose from, they choose a KLR for an almost ALL offroad terrain.
I know, the KLR can do alot more than someone would expect with the right rider... But there are so many more bikes that a person could do alot better on.
Take our KLX, why don't they use something like the KLX 300, put a big tank on it, and there..
I know myself, would I rather be going through that sand on a KLX, than a KLR. I sure would do alot better on the smaller KLX..

I dunno, it just dosn't make sense to me why a KLR..
Even an XR650 is more dirt worthy than the KLR..

Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by green242
I wonder of all the bikes to choose from, they choose a KLR for an almost ALL offroad terrain.
I know, the KLR can do alot more than someone would expect with the right rider... But there are so many more bikes that a person could do alot better on.
Take our KLX, why don't they use something like the KLX 300, put a big tank on it, and there..
I know myself, would I rather be going through that sand on a KLX, than a KLR. I sure would do alot better on the smaller KLX..

I dunno, it just dosn't make sense to me why a KLR..
Even an XR650 is more dirt worthy than the KLR..
There is some reason I'm sure we're not aware of. Maybe they got a deal cut to them or something. Or maybe like most other military prouducts purchased from civilians, they tested the hell out of it and the KLR650 endured the most crap. Being a 650, its big enough to produce power and you wouldn't have to modify it badly, plus its liquid cooled, the other ones aren't. I can think of a handful of other reasons.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

God bless the US Marines. If it was not for all their stomping and giving we would not be entitlled to the stupid use and abuse we put ourselves through. HULU!!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:06 PM
1st Gear Member

thats all real interesting stuff guys thanks for sharing!

Old 05-19-2009, 03:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by niven
God bless the US Marines. If it was not for all their stomping and giving we would not be entitlled to the stupid use and abuse we put ourselves through. HULU!!
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem - Ronald Regan

And we'll keep on stomping, as long as there is a need! Semper Fi

Quick Reply: The USMC Dual Sports Hardcore