Useless numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Useless numbers

Ok so I was really bored and was wondering how many posts, replies, hits and the like have been associated with our fairly new area in the Kawasaki KLX 250S Forums area, and before I knew it I had carpotunnel adding up all of the numbers. Please don't tell me there was an easier way to find this information or I just might start crying,...LOL So here it is broken down into a few categories.

Pages 11
Posts 213
Replies 1656
Hits 46,929

Post w/most hits

1st place Todd, page 2--Opening up the KLX 250S with 2089 hits

2nd place Tony, page 6--13 tooth sprocket installed with 1522 hits

3rd place Tony, page 9--Mods, what have you done? with 1503 hits

Posts with the most replies

1st place Tony, page 6--13 tooth installed with 79 replies

2nd place Todd, Opening up the KLX 250S with 47 replies

3rd place Tony, Mods, what have you done? with 45 replies.

Most active poster

1st place Deej with 354 posts

2nd place Todd with 245 posts

3rd place Marty with 175 posts

Honorable mention

Bluebird with 2226 posts (but this was for the KLX 250S section sorry Bluebird)

First three members in order of date joined

OneStar99 10/22/05

Deej 11/01/2006

OldDualDporter 11/25/2006

Honorable mention

Bluebird 1/24/2005 (again for the KLX 250S section sorry)

Disclaimer If you want to double check the numbers be my guest, but if you find any mistakes, please don't tell me, or else I will start looking for a clock tower LOL

So there you have it, I think we have been really busy here and yes I am tooting a horn for all of us.
And what did I really learn from this exercise?.............I have got to get a life!!!!!! I'm going riding

I found a mistake already,,............Stop the insanity LOL

Old 03-20-2006, 10:12 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Useless numbers

I guess that makes my thread on ADVrider.com with 857 replies and 60,580 hits the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world?

What it really says to me is that the US market is STARVING for sub-650cc, OEM street legal, dirt-oriented options.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I am really interested in the sales numbers for this new model. I suppose we will have to wait for a year to find out more information.

deej

Old 03-20-2006, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Todd,....still waiting for a photo album, what's the hold up? hehe

Old 03-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

I am really interested in the sales numbers for this new model. I suppose we will have to wait for a year to find out more information.

deej
When exactly did the KLX250S first become available for sale here in the US? I mean, what month did they first show up in shops? I've seen references that some folks have had theirs since last fall. I first saw it on the Kawi web site and it was love at first site, but that was in Jan when I started looking in earnest. I've been in the market for a bike like this for a while, but didn't really find anything comparable with what I was after until I checked the Kawi's. I'm an old Honda guy, myself, so naturally I looked at those first but the only offering there was the XR650L which I'm sure is a nice bike, but is a bit bigger and heavier than what I was looking for. The KLX250S was right in that sweet spot for me and my search was over when I found it.

-Brian

Old 03-21-2006, 12:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Todd,....still waiting for a photo album, what's the hold up? hehe
OK, there you go. I usually just put photos up on my website and link to them but I'll start adding a few here too.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:52 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

deej
When exactly did the KLX250S first become available for sale here in the US? I mean, what month did they first show up in shops? I've seen references that some folks have had theirs since last fall. I first saw it on the Kawi web site and it was love at first site, but that was in Jan when I started looking in earnest. I've been in the market for a bike like this for a while, but didn't really find anything comparable with what I was after until I checked the Kawi's. I'm an old Honda guy, myself, so naturally I looked at those first but the only offering there was the XR650L which I'm sure is a nice bike, but is a bit bigger and heavier than what I was looking for. The KLX250S was right in that sweet spot for me and my search was over when I found it.

-Brian

I first saw this around the middle of October, and called the dealer and he said it was at least a month away from delivery. I ordered mine around the first of November and picked it up the Wednesday before thanksgiving Nov 23rd. The dealer said that it was new and I told him I saw pictures from a trade show a year ago, and he said it couldn't have been the same bike, So I don't know what the deal is, but I know that a bike very close if not the same machine has been in other countries for 6-8 years now.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Hmmm I just found this site, interesting, look at the MSRP. Must have something to do with being in Cal? I don't know.

http://www.kawasaki.ca/offroad_dual/KLX250/

Deej

Edit: Ok deej is kind of slow today, that's Canada oh well.

Old 03-21-2006, 03:27 AM

Hmmm I just found this site, interesting, look at the MSRP. Must have something to do with being in Cal? I don't know.

http://www.kawasaki.ca/offroad_dual/KLX250/

Deej

Edit: Ok deej is kind of slow today, that's Canada oh well.[sm=wakeup.gif]
Hahah, thanks for the laugh man, [sm=smiley35.gif], that was great

Old 03-21-2006, 08:11 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=forgetit.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=guilty.gif][sm=icon_ladiesman.gif][sm=oopssign.gif][sm=owned.gif]

Oh well I guess I had too much coffee when I posted. LOL

Quick Reply: Useless numbers