updated pix

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: updated pix

Old 12-03-2007, 07:26 AM
IG

"bash plate on an SM? what's the point? I mean I can understand if you swap out dirt wheels/tiers, but for a d-tracker? Where are the sportbike tires going to take you that you need protection for your frame? Parking spot concrete blocks?

Old 12-03-2007, 07:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Old 12-03-2007, 10:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey may have been talking about me, but really the same principle applies. I plan to aventually ad adventure touring and just some fun in the dirt to my arsenal, and the D-tracker is just tires, wheels and a sprocket away from being dirt worthy.

Besides, the CRD plate will lookawesome regardless whichhooves I happen to besporting.

ORIGINAL: MaverickAus

*sigh*

It's not a D-Tracker it's a KLX250. I use it off road as well with the OEM wheels and tyres ... well apart from the back tyre which is now a Kenda "Carlsbad"

Old 12-04-2007, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

This is for mav and tremor,with all the toys I currently own the one thing I wished I had is the street wheel setup like you guys have.I watch fleabay and maybe I might happen across a set someday.I think your bikes look just look great and probably handle sweet with that setup.[sm=smiley20.gif] It's really too bad that they don't have a set of alloy wheels because there is a much better selection of tubeless tires. I guess I may just have to buy a motard to get the dirtbike lightness and have to admit the DRZ sm is starting to look better for just a hell raising streetbike. My ZRX is fast but still not a motard and I can't see spending 10g on the BMW G650x.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:19 AM
IG

ORIGINAL: hokie01

This is for mav and tremor,with all the toys I currently own the one thing I wished I had is the street wheel setup like you guys have.I watch fleabay and maybe I might happen across a set someday.I think your bikes look just look great and probably handle sweet with that setup.[sm=smiley20.gif] It's really too bad that they don't have a set of alloy wheels because there is a much better selection of tubeless tires. I guess I may just have to buy a motard to get the dirtbike lightness and have to admit the DRZ sm is starting to look better for just a hell raising streetbike. My ZRX is fast but still not a motard and I can't see spending 10g on the BMW G650x.
someone's finally seein' the light.[sm=smiley20.gif]but whatever you do, don't go ride one or you may not have a KLX anymore. you see, with some dirt wheels/tires, the DRZ will serve your every need. it's a sweet bike, but to me, it lacked that all important 6th gear to make it the perfect bike plus I didn't really want to sink the $600 into the wheel/tire setup. if it had the 6th gear trannyit'd still be in my garage with newExcels on it. The SM gives you the inverted forks, RMZ swingarm and killer brakes to boot.it's torque really is addictive though and I mean it when I say don't go ride one.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Niccce! Lookin good!
Cheers!

Old 12-05-2007, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Ig,I have a couple local shops with leftover DRZ SM'sand the prices are right in the ballpark for what I would spend for a motard toy,one has an 06 yellow one with 0 miles for $4800(the same shop I got my klx from) and the other has an 07 blk for $5200. I look at them but haven't bit for one yet(have the sales flyers on both)I'm not particularly fond of the yellow though and the blk is awfull nice I won't sell the klx because I just love it the way it is and searched long and hard for my ZRX so it stays too,but the yz is gonna go and the ttr is already advertised.I love having a garage full o toys but can't ride them all so with those gone there might be just enough room for a drz to throw into the mix.I have ridden the BMW G650X and it is a very nice bike but in no way worth the asking price of 10 Grand.So the search for the perfect motard goes on and spring is a long ways away,prices may drop more after the new yr.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:59 AM
IG

I'd get the yellow '06, many as I do believe that this color scheme is the rarest and coolest of all years. Something about the two-tone seat and bright blue graphics with the yellow. Black is all over and I hear shows scratches immediately, but it's all preference in the end. I sold my used one for around $5000, but the '06 should be obtainable for less than the $4800 since it's two years old now. Only changes through the years are turn signal colors and handlebars (renthal fats on the '07's and up), other than that they're all the same. The bike really is everything I've said it is. It's no 450 I'm sure, but it has the same engine that comes in the LTZ400 quad, and it has tons of torque. I added a larger sprocket on mine and made it even more responsive however it hurt highway cruising. People add Yoshimura full systems and jet the carb similarly to the KLX and claim 40 rwhp. Cheap, nice looking bike with lots of potential. A little heavy but honestly while riding and wheeling around in the garage I couldn't feel it. All it needs is a 6th gear. Suzuki needs to redesign this bike like Kaw did the KLX, add a 6th gear and it would be hard to beat.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:34 AM

I'd get the orange one! It has even more power, handles better and has better brakes.

Name:  KTM001-1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  57.5 KB

Quick Reply: updated pix