Update on new front tire...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Update on new front tire...

I just put this tire on friday. Michelin AC10.

Name:  P6090051Medium.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  85.5 KB

After I put the tire on, I went single track riding on some trails and rode in some river sand. WOW!!! The bike is completely different. It actually has traction in the front. It steers in the sand instead of wallowing around. I can't believe the difference between the two tires. The AC10 has opposite traction of the stock tire from street to dirt / dirt to street.

The up-side so far. Unbelievable traction off-road. Suprisingly, it is smooth and quiet on the highway, at least quieter than the rear tire and it tracks straight down the road.

Okay now the down-side. It does not stick as good on the road as the stock tire. Which I knew would be that case by the way...

...So I am coming to work this morning, it just rained all night, the roads are wet. Well this tire has absolutely no traction in the wet yet. I tried to roll around the last corner coming to work, BOOM, down she goes. [:'(] It didn't do any real damage, just a little scuffing. I am more embarassed than anything. That corner is always slick in the wet. I usually slide the rear end around that corner, but not today. So until the front tire breaks in, I have more traction on rear tire than the front on the street, which is completely opposite of what I am used to.

So the moral of the story is, RESPECT THE NEW TIRE!!! or you will be [sm=owned.gif]

Old 06-12-2006, 06:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Update on new front tire...

That sucks Daz,

Glad you're ok.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Update on new front tire...

yea im scared of that happeneing to me... havent had it happen yet.... those damn tar strips are gonna do me in sooner or later... roads up here in pa really suck.....glad u and the bike are ok.