Under bar mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Under bar mirrors

Anybody have a set of underbar mirrors on their KLX? Comments on their fit and utility both on and off road?

How about folding bar end mirrors?

The stock mirrors are actually pretty good for a dualsport - but they're not gonna be on board for long.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:01 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

While underbar mirrors are pretty much out of the way all the time, they offer limited sight...very limited IMO. I use a fold-down mirror. I looked at quite a few. I really need my mirror(s) when I'm on pavement making connections to other rides, and I even need them occasionally on the dirt tracks that are big enough for other types of vehicle use. If you ride where there are some ATVs, UTVs, and 4WD vehicles it's nice to see them coming or to see where they are after you have passed them. Normally I think a lot of the Bikemaster stuff is junk, but they actually have a decent fold-down mirror. It's very adjustable. You can tighten the mirror swivel ball at the mirror and the stalk to maintain usable tension. I've only been using mine a short time, but I like it and other riders had put me on to it from their experiences.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 AM
1st Gear Member

i was thinking about doing the under bar mirrors as well but couldnt find anything i liked or could make yet so i bough these for now as i broke my stock ones, these msr folding mirrors are great! fold down easy and stay put and they are very enexpensive check them out.
MSR Dual Sport Mirror - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore

Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. I've had folders in the past but (and I know I sound like a primadonna here) I don't like to stop and fold them down and up each time I change to/from pavement.

Looks like it's gotta be done though. I use the bike as my primary dirtbike and also for commutes around town so the mirrors are quite necessary AND they do need to be useable as well.

Folders it is.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:25 PM
1st Gear Member

this is what i ordered....never moves and quite sturdy, but adjustable by hand if needed..no shaking..non-convex, so you can see pretty well....been using it for thousands of miles and it's been great...
BikeMaster Folding Bar End Mirrors

didn't need the bar ends, so i put it up on ebay and it sold for about $10 profit if i remember correctly....

Last edited by ahnh666; 06-12-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666

Are those mirrors legal in CA?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:51 PM
1st Gear Member

two mirros and i have no problem seeing 200 feet behind me with these mirrors....it's legal...but, my integrated brake lights were not legal....anybody want to buy some integrated LED brake light?...hahaha...

26709. (a) Every motor vehicle registered in a foreign jurisdiction and every motorcycle subject to registration in this state shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle.

Originally Posted by Brieninsac
Are those mirrors legal in CA?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

and i'll take a pictures of my rearview from where i'm seated....to show you the view later today...

Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks ahnh. Looking forward to pics. I like the idea of never having to fold my mirrors and never having them ripped off in one of my many getoffs. That's a good price as well.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 PM
1st Gear Member

the phone camera kept focusing on the mirror instead of what is showing in the mirror....i can normally see a bit of my side and the rear...

Quick Reply: Under bar mirrors