trouble with starcycle

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Default trouble with starcycle

Just a heads up.

I ordered a Muzzys exhaust over the phone from John at Starcycle on the 31st of May. I was told it would be dropshipped to me and I would have it that Friday. Friday was almost over when I called and spoke to John again. Oops backordered, but it'll be there Wednesday. I called a day early just to check and discovered that it still hadn't shipped due to a missing clamp and to expect it next week (according to Lynn). At this point I called and spoke to a rude fellow at Muzzys who told me that they were building them and they'd have them ready in 2-3 weeks and not to expect them before that. I called to cancel my order at starcycle and was harassed about cancelling. I told them I was going to buy the Big Gun from motorcycleparts.biz for $390. (I did not tell him I was going to pay $58 to get it by Friday) He told me he'd match the price and I told him that he'd already delayed me more than I could afford as I'm leaving for OIS later this month and, unless he could get it to me by friday at that price with our pre-agreed upon shipping cost of $16, I was not going to do business with him. He actually hung up on me. He called me back a few minutes later and said that he could do it. I now have the Big Gun Evo X arriving this Friday for $406.00 total. The absolute cheapest I could get it from the other place was $390 plus $22.95 for FedEx ground.

I tell you all of this because I think it should be known that they lied to a customer repeatedly.

Also wanted to let everyone know that I spoke with a gentleman over at Big Gun who told me repacking is going to be more frequent with cheaper material and less frequent with quality material. Then he told me that he knows of some 1997 systems that haven't needed to be repacked yet... I did not ask if they'd had exhaust run through them at all or not. I guess we'll see.

Finally, I thought the people waiting on Muzzys might like to have a realistic time frame. 2-3 weeks before the dealers get them.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: trouble with starcycle

Wow, I would have taken my $$ somewhere eels as well. I hate it when store just lie to us about stock.

I called muzzy once too and got the same kind of treatment, I need a can and mid pipe for a 95ZX7 and the guy just said they did not make anything for that old of a bike anymore.
WTF.

Good luck with the big gun.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:40 PM
1st Gear Member

IM SOOOOOOOOOO GLAD THAT I ALREADY HAVE MINE... Not to discourage any one from getting theres. The Muzzy is WAY worth the wait... Trust me....

Old 06-07-2006, 04:42 PM

Yeah, I really liked the look of the Muzzy, but time is a factor. The only reason I stuck it out with those guys is the deal I got. They took it in the shorts over the shipping and I liked that - felt they deserved it. Of course, I'm sure they are still making a profit...

Old 06-07-2006, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

It sounds like you received a similar response to mine! After being lied to numerous times and treated rudley on the phone, I went with a different pipe and vendor.
Lets face it ..... with all the promoting of the different performance pipes going on, they all do the same job. We are all proud of the accessories that we have and defend them because we paid large sums of money to get them. It would make us feel short changed if we thought that we could have done better. We will most likely never know if there is a real performance or noise difference between the two popular pipes. But the fact remains that we purchase these items from "people", and if we don't feel served properly then we need to go somewhere else. I own my pipe because the guy I delt with did exactly what he said that he would do, and I feel like I would do business with him again. Some have had a good experience with Starcycle, so they are pleased with their purchase .... some have not.[sm=rant.gif]

Now back to important things[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 06-07-2006, 06:02 PM

I was the 1st to post this about star cycle. I was the 1st person they did this too. Too bad no one listened too me.
I guess things never change and Starcycle never cleaned up their act. WHen I tried to cancel the guy was like "What, why, the bike will run so much better and sound good, rather then that cheap stocker you got on there, I'll even Overnight it when we get it". I told him to CANCEL MY ORDER NOW!! and I didn't care if he was going to get the muzzy in 2 hours and next day it, I did not like the service they offered and was willing to pay a higher price for better service. THey are not reccomened by me at all, I actually advise staying far away from them.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Sounds like Muzzy needs to put some real sales people on the phones. You're probably talking to the grouchy engineer in the back . Still that's no excuse. Maybe they're French.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Sounds like Muzzy needs to put some real sales people on the phones. You're probably talking to the grouchy engineer in the back . Still that's no excuse. Maybe they're French.
nah, they're in Oregon,

Their espresso just hasn't kicked in yet. [:@]

Old 06-07-2006, 07:14 PM

I called muzzys first and was told that it would be a few weeks I then ordered the big gun and a few days later muzzys called and said they were in oh well to late. My big gun came in about 5 days no problem. I lost two screws from the muffer and they sent me three in the mail they came in about 3 days. Thats good customer service.These part stores had better figure out customer service with all these forums on the net, word spreads pretty fast. I think we can keep these places on there toes.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 954ken

I called muzzys first and was told that it would be a few weeks I then ordered the big gun and a few days later muzzys called and said they were in oh well to late. My big gun came in about 5 days no problem. I lost two screws from the muffer and they sent me three in the mail they came in about 3 days. Thats good customer service.These part stores had better figure out customer service with all these forums on the net, word spreads pretty fast. I think we can keep these places on there toes.
Problem is that there is so many shoppers because of the net they do not care if they lose 1, there will be 10 more to replace him with in minutes.
Very unfortunate for the consumer

Quick Reply: trouble with starcycle