TrailTeck x2 Halogen??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default TrailTeck x2 Halogen??

I was wondering if anyone was running the trail tech x2 halogen on their KLX?

I am interesed in potentially switching to one of these for my headlight but do not want to have to do replace my stator. I know that with the HID x2 a new or re-wound stator will be necessary but what about the Halogen set-up?

Thanks,
MAXX

Old 02-15-2009, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IQOUTLAW
I was wondering if anyone was running the trail tech x2 halogen on their KLX?

I am interesed in potentially switching to one of these for my headlight but do not want to have to do replace my stator. I know that with the HID x2 a new or re-wound stator will be necessary but what about the Halogen set-up?

Thanks,
MAXX
I see 'KLX250S' in your signature so your stator will have plenty of power for either the HID or the Halogen. The KLX250S stator is built for a dual sport bike. It's nothing like the wimpy stator on the KLX300.

By removing the stock headlight you have about 130W of headroom for lighting. No need to have the stator re-wound.

If you opt for HID just remember that the X2 is meant for off road use only. The light pattern it puts out is a big round shape that will dazzle oncoming traffic.

For off road us it's awesome and looks great.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IQOUTLAW
I know that with the HID x2 ........... but what about the Halogen set-up?
HID usually pulls less power(watts) than Halogen; but like Tremor said.... you should be just fine.

I was thinking about a BFL on the front and then fit it with a "visor" of some sort to protect oncoming traffic.

When I did a night race in OCT I had to put Duct tape over the headlight, it was throwing shadows everywhere and it made it hard to see
I had two helmet lights on- one spot and one wide angle made by trailtech, they worked great but the headlight was throwing thing off.

I'm wondering if some kind of BFL would make it better or worse for the outback traveling.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 AM
1st Gear Member

HID sucks huge power only at startup (I think like +300 watts for an instant), but after that they only suck about 30 watts of power, so if you have the startup juice HID is always better (and throws more/better light as well). if you have a battery (klx250s) that would help with things.

cya