Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Which Trailtech Vapor model fits... (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/trailtech-vapor-model-fits-38815/)

dan888 09-08-2012 02:09 AM

I like the analog gauges better too, but i smashed the crap out of my stock 07 gauges. The vapor has a lot of extra features that are useful, and a lot less moving parts to jam up.
Dan

ol'klx-er 09-08-2012 02:10 AM

8-track? No way, 4-track all the way.

TNC 09-08-2012 02:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ol klx, I can believe your 4-track, but you can tell by Dan's response that he still uses a in-car phonograph. Here's a pic from his facebook page bragging about his "new" car phonograph...and it plays 78's.:D

IDRIDR 09-08-2012 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by TNC (Post 481705)
I'll sell you a very low mileage unit. :D

already did that with mine. she was a beauty and now on someone else's klx

ol'klx-er 09-08-2012 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by TNC (Post 481708)
...and it plays 78's.:D

My stepfather had the "new" version, it played 45s. :eek:

We've come a LONG way baby!!!! :cool:

toyotabuilder 09-08-2012 04:10 AM

actually my 73 firebird does factory option:D(my dad bought it new in HS and gave it to me at 17 but its only got 35k on it so its no DD) and my grandmothers old cadi that we still have has a foctory record player in it. i get that they are feature packed buti find them more diffacult to read at a quick glance.

looked at their web page the one with the gps is intresting

djchan 09-08-2012 12:24 PM

TNC - the weight is part of the deal for me. I can live with my dead tach on the stocker cause I haven't looked at a tach (for anything other than curiousity) in years. It being inop is, however, reason to replace the whole unit, clean the area up and save a few pounds. I'm a dumbass about weight on a dirtbike. I'm also gonna lose the stock headlight unit and replace with a Trailtech X2 at the same time. I think between the speedo, subframe, and stock headlight I can probably lose 4 pounds or so. I'll report back on the weight loss.

For those with a Trailtech X2 - how's it compare with the stocker for output? Also, any issues with the install?

IDRIDR 09-08-2012 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by djchan (Post 481730)
TNC - the weight is part of the deal for me. I can live with my dead tach on the stocker cause I haven't looked at a tach (for anything other than curiousity) in years. It being inop is, however, reason to replace the whole unit, clean the area up and save a few pounds. I'm a dumbass about weight on a dirtbike. I'm also gonna lose the stock headlight unit and replace with a Trailtech X2 at the same time. I think between the speedo, subframe, and stock headlight I can probably lose 4 pounds or so. I'll report back on the weight loss.

For those with a Trailtech X2 - how's it compare with the stocker for output? Also, any issues with the install?

I followed Redpillar's lead replacing the stock headlight and gage cluster with X2 and Vapor. The X2 is a tight fit and you may need to remove the key and replace with a smaller switch or a toggle (as I did). I left the key switch "O" piece on the frame and ran the Vapor wires through it. I think Redpiller cut it off.

The X2 puts out nice light. I got the X2 Fit-All Torch Halogen kit which is not DOT approved. The Dual Sport version is DOT.

DustyCowboy 09-08-2012 08:03 PM

I really don't know why people are all raving about the vapor. I bought one for my other bike this summer and keep telling to myself that a good bicycle speedo would have done the trick for a lot less $$. If the weight if the original cluster is not a problem for you, keep it for all the other functions (rpm, oil temp, lights) and put a bicycle speedo on top of your odo.

redpillar 09-08-2012 10:58 PM

I think there is about a four or five pound difference when you get rid of the stock headlight and instruments on the 09 which had a digital cluster. That is a lot of weight to have that high up. I removed the key switch and lot of wire from the steering head area as well. I used the the 300R vapour, and plumbed the water temp into the left rad because the hoses on the 09 have quite a bend in them and it is difficult to get the inline adapter in there neatly.
I really like the vapour but I have a hard time remembering what all the numbers mean…It weighs only grams. Quite amazing for the price and size of it.