Which Trailtech Vapor model fits...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 12:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Which Trailtech Vapor model fits...

....my 2007 KLX250S?

I went to the Trailtech website and don't see an application listed for the 250S. The 300R takes a 75-200 but IIRC there is some fabbing (front rotor, etc) necessary to make that work. Has to be a direct fit - I just can't find it.

Also, does the dashboard indicator (sold seperately) fit the KLX triples?

lil help?

Old 09-04-2012, 01:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I used the 300 version.

Name:  veporinhousing.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  68.0 KB

You have to glue the magnet to the wheel, you have to cut a piece out of the radiator hose to add the sensor, you can remove the oem instruments or leave them be just mount the vapor elsewhere.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:34 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

I used a little different mounting setup than Mav. Mine has the signal indicators, but I don't use them anymore since we don't have to have turn signals in Texas. I mounted my Vapor on to the bracket that held the old instrument pod. I love this unit. The amount of detailed data in one of these units is awesome.

Attached Thumbnails Which Trailtech Vapor model fits...-vapor.jpg  
Old 09-05-2012, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

There is no plug and play vapor for the KLX 250s. I will have to check and see what model I bought. IT is the 665-75300 but you have to cut the plugs off and wire it up yourself.
Dan

Old 09-05-2012, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

http://www.trailtech.net/75-300.html

made for the 250s.
i bought mine for the 300 and used a dab of jb weld to hold the magnet on the rotor and it worked fine. i also mounted to temp sensor on the left side of the radiator where the stock sensor is located i just removed the old one and used some silicone to help seal the new one in. total install with wiring everything up the way i wanted it took about 2 hours and i love it wish i did it sooner.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. For those using the -200 model (for the 300R).... did you need to cut/splice wiring or did it just need work on the rotor end?

For those with the -300 model (maybe for the 250S) did you need to do the rotor work as well or just splice wiring?

All in all, I'd rather mod the rotor than have to splice wiring. I just suck at electrical.

I wonder if there's a kit for the KDX? I have a KDX front wheel in the barn - I can check the rotor bolts to see if they are interchangeable with the 250S. Prolly doesn't matter though - most likely needs cut/splice anyway.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

for the kit i got for the 300 no i did not have to do any wire splicing or cutting at all. just plug and play as far as the electrical end goes

Old 09-07-2012, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Plug and play

Old 09-08-2012, 01:10 AM
1st Gear Member

what is up with all the digital stuff going on i know it has a cool factor and all and some of its ok but i like the analog better i'm trying to see if i can convert the 09 to the 07 stuff lol

Old 09-08-2012, 02:00 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by toyotabuilder
what is up with all the digital stuff going on i know it has a cool factor and all and some of its ok but i like the analog better i'm trying to see if i can convert the 09 to the 07 stuff lol
Have you handled an '06/'07 instument panel bundle? Someone here...maybe redpillar...weighed his when he did a Vapor, and it was surprisingly heavy. With the Vapor you get an excellent inline water temp sensor and guage. You get resettable ride time. You get programmable wheel size for exact speedo and mileage returns. You get a stopwatch. You get a bar and numeric tach. Ambient air temp, though I think this feature reads too much of the bike's heat to be useful with the bike running or warm. You get programmable yellow and red warning lights for rpm and coolant temp. You get shift indicators if you want...not much of a deal on a KLX. It saves max speed, rpm, coolant temp, and others during a ride. And it has the other required elements like speedo, trip mileage, etc.

I don't know...that sounds downright impressive to me. And it's all packed in a readable but compact unit that nearly defies being damaged if you use your head during installation. If you really want an OEM analog setup, I'll sell you a very low mileage unit. I could never go back to that stock dinosaur. You don't by chance have an 8-track player in your personal vehicle, do you?

Quick Reply: Which Trailtech Vapor model fits...