Trail ride footage

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Trail ride footage

Finally got a some decent footage of some single track riding. This is out in Okinawa Japan. If you watch, I'd suggest skipping to 1:30 as the first part I'm navigating to the area. Really tight section with a fence and a pound (you cannot make out) just to the left. So was going easy, I open up a bit once I reach the starting hill. 720 res if you watch on youtube directly.

Rate if you enjoy the sights!

Old 07-16-2013, 01:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks tight. Looks like there is a drop off on the left through some of the trail?

Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pine Barrens
Looks tight. Looks like there is a drop off on the left through some of the trail?
Yea, about 40% of the trail has a moderate drop off, and another 20% is pretty sketchy. At one point you see I cross very very slowly because it's about 10 feet down..And I won't get the bike back up without finding another route..haha! Great ride though, certainly keeps you on your toes!

Old 07-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Is your bike orange? COOL!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Looks like your riding outside a prison for midgets...LOL

Old 07-16-2013, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Is your bike orange? COOL!!!
Yes, it's orange. It's got D-Trucker plastics with a aftermarket headlight+Blinkers.

As for the location. It's outside a old military base that's no longer in active operation. It's mostly used as a paintball field! The ride is fun though, not the most advance course, but it has a bit of everything and helps me work on control, balance, and looking ahead and not..At the creepy fall to my left

Old 07-17-2013, 02:54 AM
1st Gear Member

6thGear, are you wearing the camera on your shoulder?

I ask because I am trying to find a good way to make recordings stable enough to watch comfortably. With the cam on my helmet, the image is really shaky.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RayCour
6thGear, are you wearing the camera on your shoulder?

I ask because I am trying to find a good way to make recordings stable enough to watch comfortably. With the cam on my helmet, the image is really shaky.
That's mounted on the helmet, I used video stabilizer tool to reduce the bounce. No matter how you mounted the camera it will have a fair amount of shake, only way to counter that is with software fixes

Old 07-17-2013, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member

I love riding fast, but I love "technical" riding more. Tight single tracks are great!

Old 07-17-2013, 04:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pine Barrens
I love riding fast, but I love "technical" riding more. Tight single tracks are great!
Yea! I agree. I'm working on my skills for hare scrambles. So I'm enjoying the single track riding. Gonna explore more this weekend and try and find more single track areas. Or begin mapping out a new course to make myself.

Quick Reply: Trail ride footage