Trade in one of the klx's

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Default Trade in one of the klx's

OK so I'm a trader.

I have a pending deal to trade in my KLX 250. The dealer is offering me 1,000.00 less then i paid for it. Not a bad deal for a bike 1 year old and 3,000 KM on it. I have to take off my big gun and put it on the wife's KLX before the trade in, same goes for the new Renthals. My wife loves her KLX 250 and will be keeping it for a long time.

In about three or four weeks I should be one of the first with a 2008 KLX 450. I could not justify spending any more money to make my KLX fasterSo bring on the "INCREDIBLE HULK"

I still have one KLX 250 so please dint throw me out

[IMG]local://upfiles/2315/67872F24168E4428880CB97217D9DE3A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Trade in one of the klx's

The ultimate big bore - yeah baby!

Can you dual sport it, if that matters to you? I'm sure you can get parts form some place like Baja Designs, it's usually the local regulations that get in the way these days.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:10 AM

Dealer will register it and safety it.The 450R will be plated, registered as a dual sport bike. From 18 to 56 HP with one upgrade.

[sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 01-27-2007, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That's awesome dude! I see you're in Ontario. I should mention that to my local dealer here in BC and see if they'll do it. What's it going to cost you? Whatever it is, it's worth it! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 01-27-2007, 03:03 AM

Ok, by gum, I'm going to adopt you as my Canadian brother (just long enough to get a KLX450 "legalized")

That is awesome; it is truly bizarre how the U.S. outlaws the dual-sport bikes that are legal in most of the rest of the world. Let us know all about that 450!!!

Old 01-27-2007, 03:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

That's awesome dude! I see you're in Ontario. I should mention that to my local dealer here in BC and see if they'll do it. What's it going to cost you? Whatever it is, it's worth it! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
PM'd you with details.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klxCouple

Dealer will register it and safety it.The 450R will be plated, registered as a dual sport bike. From 18 to 56 HP with one upgrade.
That is truely AWESOME !

Old 01-27-2007, 04:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Your horsepower figures show rear wheel horsepower for the KLX250 and countershaft ponies for the KLX450. It doesn't make anywhere near 56 rear wheel horsepower. Put it on a dyno and you will get about36 to 38 HP. That's still over double the power we have, but c'mon, don't slap the 250 around as you kick it to the curb!

The KLX250 countershaft HP is 28, so to be fair you you should say 'from 28 to 56 HP with one upgrade'

Congrat's on the new bike. I'll be searching the forums for a ride report. [sm=smiley20.gif]

[sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 01-27-2007, 04:34 AM

My KLX 250 is a great bike & I wish i could keep it along with the new bike. My wife is not so pleased with me buying a new bike , so to tell her i m keeping both our 250's would be certain death. As my wife gets better at riding I'm sure she will have day's on the 450 and i have no problem taking out the 250. I would never bash the KLX 250. When i go riding with some of the guys from the Dual Sport club i need the extra power to make up for my lack of skill.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member

I wasn't seriously trying to imply you were bashing; just some light hearted ribbing.You were tripling the HP with less than double the displacement, so I felt the need to referee. [8D]I'm happy for ya and will be waiting for the ride report.

My KLX 250 is a great bike & I wish i could keep it along with the new bike. My wife is not so pleased with me buying a new bike , so to tell her i m keeping both our 250's would be certain death. As my wife gets better at riding I'm sure she will have day's on the 450 and i have no problem taking out the 250. I would never bash the KLX 250. When i go riding with some of the guys from the Dual Sport club i need the extra power to make up for my lack of skill.

Quick Reply: Trade in one of the klx's