Tool Kit Lists

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Tool Kit Lists

Here's another interesting page ... someone compiled a page full of tool kit lists. As the page says, its pretty rough, but still useful. Note that it's mostly oriented to the KLR650, so it may not coverthe right sizes for us:

http://www.bigcee.com/faq/tools.html

I ran across a page somewhere that I can't find anymore about the tools and parts this oneguy carries ... he's a virtual hardware store on 2 wheels. I think it was on a KLR650 site, but I'm not sure. Did anyone else see it or bookmark it?

Mike

P.S. - Once you figure out what tools you want, you can go here to produce your checklist:

http://www.micapeak.com/checklists/dirtbike.html

Old 02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Default RE: Tool Kit Lists

[sm=yikesomg.gif]Thats alot of tools. I need a tool kit though, thanks for the link. What do you guys/girls carry in your kit?

Old 02-23-2007, 02:27 AM
ktn

Ginsu-

Check this out. I have the adventure with the T-handle and a bunch of selected stuff and it's awsome.

http://www.blueridgeracing.com/index.htm

Old 02-23-2007, 03:55 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I keep meaning to put together a good tool kit but somehow I never do. Right now I just carry the stock tools, SOG Paratool (like leatherman only better), small LED flash light, a few spare fuses, some jb-weld putty, and some stainless steel tie wire.

I just recently bought enough stuff to give me a fighting chance at fixing a flat, but it's not here yet. Everything should fit in my Wolfman tool bag. Any overflow can go in the tank bag. I have an MSR front fender bag for a spare tube, but I have yet to use it. I guess I need to get off my duff and ket my kit fully together before I break down out in the boonies. As Murphy's Law dictates, if you are prepared, you won't need it. But forget something, and that is the one thing you will need.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:30 AM

That Blueridge T-handle set looks like a good start to me. Thanks. Now I'll needa tool bag to put them in.

NoBrakes:
How do you like the tool pack from Wolfman? Is it a "must buy"? I just got my saddle bags from Wolfman, now I just have to figure out how to install them. I spent about 20min in the cold yesterday trying to get them right with no luck. They are VERY nice.I also added a Garmin 60CSx and a RAMmount. Hope I have no sudden stops or I will know how a Garmin tastes.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:47 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I like it a lot. Maybe not a must buy, but I was very happy with the Wolfman Tankbag - thanks for sporting that on one of your ride reports which is where I first saw one. I had always considered the stock tool bag too small for the extra stuff one should carry. I really didn't care for strapping stuff permanently to the rack either. And when I replaced my stock fender with the MX fender, the rack had to go anyway along with the stock toolbag, so that was the main reason I got the Wolfman, so it was probably a must buy for me in my situation.

It's great - you can fit a lot of stuff in it. Mine is cinched down in this photo, but it expands even more if you have more volume to pack inside:

Old 02-23-2007, 08:56 PM
1st Gear Member

.I'm on the fence about a tool bag versus a fanny pack. I prefer the tool bag, but I'm not ready to give up the Pelican case. I'd like to figure out a way to add a tool bag, or be able to swap the Pelican and tool bag. Putting the Wolfman tool bag on top of the Pelican might be feasible, but I'd probably want to reinforce the stock rack before attempting to load it up too much. Life is full of agonizing reappraisals!

Mike

P.S. - Brian, thanks for that pic, it gives another good view of the Wolfman bag. (Which makes the decisions that much harder!!!)

Old 02-23-2007, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

http://www.planetklx.com/techtips/tools.shtml

Another tool info page...................

Old 03-04-2007, 04:12 AM

Hi Kids:

I just bought a KLX 250 and I was looking at the blue ridge tool kits - they ask about axel size and I've done a search (and checked the owners manual) and haven't found any info I feel confident about making a selection for ordering. Are both front and rear axels the same size? Any info would be appreciated. I'm also looking for the same info for a BMW F650GS -

Thanks,
Christy (total nOObster, but want to learn it all)

Old 03-04-2007, 09:25 PM

I'm not sure of the size right off hand. There may be a sticker on the bike that has that. If not I'm sure someone here will post the sizes.

Quick Reply: Tool Kit Lists