took my 2012 klx250s to the track today.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default took my 2012 klx250s to the track today.....

and basically handed my *** to myself! haha. I KNOW, I KNOW, its not made for that..but its got a lil bit of dirt bike in it right? NO track experience, but from what I felt,the suspension is waaay to soft. (bottomed out,bent the liscence plate,loosened taillight). front end was wishy washy in the loose stuff too(oem tires mind you). BUT!!!!! power was not lacking I must say,not enough to lauch you 30ft, but plenty to get air from the smaller jumps,and come out of the turns with authority...Moral of the story is NO, it wont hold up out of the box, but with some aftermarket suspension, better tires...shes all up for the task of a back yard track

Old 03-14-2012, 11:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Niceee. If I had the skills, I would love to try that out too. For the meantime, only trails for me for now.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pogiboy
Niceee. If I had the skills, I would love to try that out too. For the meantime, only trails for me for now.
I have no skills, but if the bike was better equipped suspension wise,it would have been a lil more succesful

Old 03-15-2012, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Not a track bike the KLX. I bet you had fun though.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

There is a hidden track in the middle of the forest about 4 miles from my house.. We frequent it often - the KLX doesn't do too bad! Yeah the suspension is soft, but if you land on the downside slope of the jump you won't bottom out hahaa

Here's a pic of some guys who managed to get some heavy machinery up there and make it all nicey nice.

Tracks are fun every once in a while!

Last edited by CousinLarry; 03-15-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CousinLarry
There is a hidden track in the middle of the forest about 4 miles from my house.. We frequent it often - the KLX doesn't do too bad! Yeah the suspension is soft, but if you land on the downside slope of the jump you won't bottom out hahaa

Here's a pic of some guys who managed to get some heavy machinery up there and make it all nicey nice.

Tracks are fun every once in a while!
That's awesome!

Old 03-15-2012, 03:23 AM
1st Gear Member

its doable with the right rider. ive hucked this bike easily 50-60 feet, its all where you land. it can handle ruts for sure with the right tires, and with a 13 tooth for the most part you have power. been meaning to go out to lake elsinore mx lately, it where there having the last round of the season now, no more pala.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:37 AM
1st Gear Member

We have several tracks around here. Never been on one yet. You're giving me a new urge.

Ride on!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
We have several tracks around here. Never been on one yet. You're giving me a new urge.

Ride on!
try it! im also 220 lbs, so a lighter rider with the suspension tightened up a lil bit may be fine...the jumps at the track I was on had very steep downslope therefore I had to basically land after the jump...thus the bent liscence plate I would say the bike would be a blast on hard packed dirt the the track in the pic above

Last edited by Subasaki; 03-15-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Subasaki
I have no skills, but if the bike was better equipped suspension wise,it would have been a lil more succesful
Out of the box, the suspension isn't setup very well for street OR off-road. However, there *ARE* some built-in adjustments that can be made to the suspension that will improve it greatly, without having to spend any $$$.

If you're complaining about the suspension and have NOT made any adjustments to it... I suggest you search the forum for some suspension setup instructions, tweak your setup, and then try the track again.

Quick Reply: took my 2012 klx250s to the track today.....