Tony's Booboo

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Tony's Booboo

Many have asked, so here is my story. It was July 30, early AM and I was bored. So I headed off to Darrington, a town about an hour and a half ride away. I have ridden here many times and am comfortable on the Forest Service roads there. It was a cloudy day and as I went up the mountains it got drizzly and cold, which I kinda like. After about 40mins on the FS roads, at a fairly sharp right corner DAMN, Bambie. In those 3-5 seconds of reaction Bambie wasn’t moving. I lock the back brakes and start a decent slide with the *** end kicking right a touch, and then I tapped the front brakes. Swoosh, slap, blam, the bike flipped to the high side and bitch slapped me right side down. Ouch…um, I’m alone, and everything hurts. And Bambie is gone of course. With Kato still running on its side I jump up to take care of my ride home. I grabbed the bike and noticed my left thumb didn’t work any more, this adds to my discomfort. After checking out Kato, scratched side panel and right hand guard, I thought …tough little f’er. Well, there is only one thing I can do, ride Kato home. Got to tell ya, if you haven’t ridden with a broken clutch hand before, don’t be in a hurry. Now it’s full on cold rain out, which helped numb the pain. I rode 40 miles to my buddy’s house, knocked on the door and said “I can’t get my helmet off”.

Now that I’m in caring hands, I had to call my wife. Got my butt chewed off for riding alone…again. Did the E-room thing, and had surgery two days later. While I was going stir crazy, I bought the Muzzy and a K&N. You know when you buy something new, you just have to use it? I did. I sneaked the 250 out for a test ride…20 miles north of home which made my hand swell and ache. Now I have to get back home. I made it, yahoo, put the bike in the garage and went to shut the gate and POW… I just used my broken hand to shut the sliding gate. The pain was equal to kidney stones for the next six days. I went to see the doc again…pain pills and apologies to the doc. Doc didn’t do anything but snicker and say I probably tore some tendons…and forty more percocets.

Today I got the pin removed, and as you can see (pics below) it is bent for some reason. Any way doc says two more weeks in my splint…more like two days, cause I’m riding some where SOON. I just bought new riding gear to replace my shredded Joe Rocket stuff, and of course I must use it, NOW…

Old 09-07-2006, 03:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Tony's Booboo

Ouch bro. Glad you're doin better

Old 09-07-2006, 03:11 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Dang, Tony - looks like that hurt like hell, buddy. But thanks for posting that - now I can point that out to my wife and say, "see, I'm not the only one ..." lol.

Congrats on the new parts - must be a theme for appeasement after injury as I'm eyeing up the 330cc upgrade after mine

Good luck, bro - you should have told us before, we'd have understood and wouldn't rib you too badly ... get well soon!

Old 09-07-2006, 04:35 AM

Ouch! hope ya feel better soon!

i remember back when i was 14 (only 10 years ago, thought i'd throw that in there for some of you older fellas)
i broke my ankle in 3 places. less than a week later i was riding cast and all. i rode with a cast for like 8 weeks [sm=icon_rock.gif]
oh yeah, the best part was i was able to get a Kawasaki green cast to match my bike. it was a ke100, what a turd!

Old 09-07-2006, 05:08 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm gonna hurl, Tony I should send your wife a sympathy card for putting up with you....LOL just kidding, man I hope you get back fast. Enjoy those pills.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Man dude that looks painfull. Best of luck on the healup. You Know, When I see posts like this one and Nobrakes and a couple of others I cant help but think " Yall are some Crazy MotherFu*kers. " [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Stay Safe Now. Ya hear

LV

Old 09-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LordVngr

Man dude that looks painfull. Best of luck on the healup. You Know, When I see posts like this one and Nobrakes and a couple of others I cant help but think " Yall are some Crazy MotherFu*kers. " [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Stay Safe Now. Ya hear

LV
Hey LV I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but I can't find the thread with all the controversy, it must have gotten removed. I just wanted to say sorry for giving an answer without really reading everything. To be honest some of the HD posts were so long I didn't even read them, so that's my fault, and I don't want to get another thread about HD's or anything going, (personally I like any two wheeled machine) So please accept my apology. Sorry Tony for thread jacking. I guess we all need a little checks and balances once in a while. Oh look someone dropped off a slice of humble pie and left it on my desk....YUM!

Hey I googled Humble Pie and found out it was a music group from the mid sixties.........I guess I was too young to remember that..............deej coughs and gets back to work.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

HA im not crazy!.. i cant find that topic either....

Old 09-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Good.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

why good?

Quick Reply: Tony's Booboo