The time has come….

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TNC
Don't do it, Scott. Just put the pumper carb on, and it changes everything. I was clearing 60 foot gaps this weekend, getting 93 mph top end with my 13/47 gearing, and got 75 mpg. It's a miracle, I tell ya.
75mpg on your 300cc bike in dirt? That's awesome. Can we please have more info on this carb? I assume it will fit 2009> model.

If I can get such a mileage it would save me buying IMS tank. Since re-jet my mileage dropped south and it is less than 50mpg.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:32 AM
1st Gear Member

No not bad at all actually. I think it is three hours, for the first change then every 30 hours, or 200 litres of fuel IF you are racing it. If it gets, say even as little as 15 km / litre, that would be every 3000 km, I would think 4000 would be good. That would be about every 2500 miles. Not bad.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sharan
75mpg on your 300cc bike in dirt? That's awesome. Can we please have more info on this carb? I assume it will fit 2009> model.

If I can get such a mileage it would save me buying IMS tank. Since re-jet my mileage dropped south and it is less than 50mpg.
Only because I'm not seeing a "smiley face" in your response, just to avoid any confusion I'll clarify that all those comments were total bull just to gig IDRIDR. The TM36 is a freakin' awesome carb with awesome results, but the only way I'd do a 60' gap...on my KLX...at my age...is if I were tied to Evel Knievel's Snake River rocket bike.

But yes...the carb fits the '09 and later bikes too.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
I will always be hanging in here though as I think this is the VERY BEST group of guys on any forum I have been a part of.
"It's not you...it's me. We can still be friends."

Old 10-22-2012, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

OK boys, I have had the bike for six days and ridden it three of them and played with it the other three. I have to say that I love this bike. I took it to an area of tight single track trails for the first two days and rode it for about thirty miles each day. Enough for my body to be aching for a few days after. It rides single track like a dream. It has amazing slow speed agility, even with me aboard. It does feel trials like in that respect. It turns with zero effort at slow speed. It also flies when you want it to. The third time I took it out was to a power line trail that crosses a mountain range, where I used to ride twenty years ago. The bike climbed the rough, steep power line trail without effort. I actually rode some of the steeper tight trails that I used to have problems with years ago , without any issues. It weighs 275 filled with gas, as opposed to the KLX which is 300 lbs with my large tank half full, but the Beta appears to be much lighter. The KLX feels top heavy when I sit on it now. I think the KLX would have gone anywhere I took the Beta, but I don't think it would have been as easy, especially in the single track.

Name:  preview_image_0_30202602x.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  88.8 KB
This was the best idea I have had since I bought the KLX, and that is saying something. If you are looking for a way to take fifteen years off your age, go buy one of these.
I still love my KLX sweetheart, but the Italian is just….you know…Italian.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Way to go RP! Get on that Italian and ride. Post up some action pics.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Well it sounds like you really love the bike, so I guess I'll allow it. LOL

Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Deej,
It all stems from owning a Hodaka….

Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar