Thread about Big Gun quality on ADVRider

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Thread about Big Gun quality on ADVRider

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY
* Hey EMS, is it Ok for me to say "Muzzy"?
yea, muzzy is ok, its "big gun" and anything that directly references big gun, thats Acme Widget....

Old 11-16-2006, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

* Hey EMS, is it Ok for me to say "Muzzy"?
yea, muzzy is ok, its "big gun" and anything that directly references big gun, thats Acme Widget....
Ok, I'll try to be more careful in the future. BTW - Thanks for keeping me in line!

Old 11-16-2006, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Would I buy another one? Not likely. For me, this is a big ticket item, and customer service is part of the deal. I've already paid way too much in time and aggravation to risk having to deal with that company again -- even if sometimes they do make a decent pipe.
[flameon]

Ok, like I said, my pipe seems to be Ok, its the company that I dread. Today is yet another example ...

Big Gun was supposed to send me a Quiet Core Insert, which, after weeks & weeks of e-mails back and forth, they finally did.

Almost.

I received a package today that's 5" long on all sides. The Quiet Core Insert is 15" long. Anybody see a problem here?!??

(For those of you wishing to avoid the math, the longest thing you can put in a 5"x5"x5" box is 8.6"! I haven't opened the box yet, so I might be mistaken -- instead of finding a Vortex Insert, maybe they did send a Quiet Core Insert, but they folded it in half first!?!! Sure, I'll hold my breath ... )

Never again. [:@]

[/flameon]

(Sorry EMS, I know I'm not supposed to use the "BG" word ... but at least I saved you from doing some math!!!)

Old 11-16-2006, 08:51 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

YYY's - I am eternally boycotting Big Gun and all of their products due to your unbelievable experience with them... They just _can't_get_it_right, can they?

Reminds me of my recent dealings with Bell ExpressVue... Oh brother don't get me started on that.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Would I buy another one? Not likely. For me, this is a big ticket item, and customer service is part of the deal. I've already paid way too much in time and aggravation to risk having to deal with that company again -- even if sometimes they do make a decent pipe.
[flameon]

Ok, like I said, my pipe seems to be Ok, its the company that I dread. Today is yet another example ...

Big Gun was supposed to send me a Quiet Core Insert, which, after weeks & weeks of e-mails back and forth, they finally did.

Almost.

I received a package today that's 5" long on all sides. The Quiet Core Insert is 15" long. Anybody see a problem here?!??

(For those of you wishing to avoid the math, the longest thing you can put in a 5"x5"x5" box is 8.6"! I haven't opened the box yet, so I might be mistaken -- instead of finding a Vortex Insert, maybe they did send a Quiet Core Insert, but they folded it in half first!?!! Sure, I'll hold my breath ... )

Never again. [:@]

[/flameon]

(Sorry EMS, I know I'm not supposed to use the "BG" word ... but at least I saved you from doing some math!!!)
lol..... ok ill let you use this...
or this..... instead of the Words Big Gun...

Old 11-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

i like big guns too[sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 11-17-2006, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member

so is anybody else wondering what was in the box?

Old 11-17-2006, 04:33 AM

A 5" acme widget.... ?

Quick Reply: Thread about Big Gun quality on ADVRider