Think Im in love!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Default Think Im in love!!

Man..............I love the KLX, but its really doggy for a road commute (what do I expect, after all, its a 250!!), I keep droolin overthe new BMW G650 Xchallenge, cushy air suspended rear, Marzocchi USD forks, and a long lasting 650 Rotax, that "supposed" to put about 50hp out without very frequent maint.............I want to add it to the parking lot!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Think Im in love!!

that thing is fugly...... [:'(]

Old 07-18-2007, 06:39 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

For the commuting I do, I'd like the Xcountry better. The $8,200.00 price tag is a little hard to swallow though. I wonder how much that boat anchor of a muffler weighs...

Old 07-18-2007, 09:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Should be a pretty decent machine, Aprilia is actually building these for BMW if I'm not mistaken and from my past experience with Aprilia mounts that’s a good thing indeed.
Rotax positively produces some of the very best small internal combustion engines on the planet and many of the components selected for these bikes are top shelf merchandise.

With that said; this bike is targeted at a completely different audience then what Kawasaki took aim at with the KLX250S and even though it shares the “Dual-Sport” moniker it’s like comparing a Miata to a Corvette (not that anyone is).

I personally couldn’t overcome the yuppie, dip**** BMW stigma long enough to ever even remotely consider such a machine.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Should be a pretty decent machine, Aprilia is actually building these for BMW if I'm not mistaken and from my past experience with Aprilia mounts that’s a good thing indeed.
Rotax positively produces some of the very best small internal combustion engines on the planet and many of the components selected for these bikes are top shelf merchandise.

With that said; this bike is targeted at a completely different audience then what Kawasaki took aim at with the KLX250S and even though it shares the “Dual-Sport” moniker it’s like comparing a Miata to a Corvette (not that anyone is).

I personally couldn’t overcome the yuppie, dip**** BMW stigma long enough to ever even remotely consider such a machine.
I agree that it is something very different from our bikes, it just looks like a great option. I think, and others do as well on advrider, that its a great alternative to a 640 KTM or dual sported xr650r. I AM NOT a yuppy and despise the assumtion that would come with the bike, I still would love to have one though!

Old 07-19-2007, 12:04 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang

For the commuting I do, I'd like the Xcountry better. The $8,200.00 price tag is a little hard to swallow though. I wonder how much that boat anchor of a muffler weighs...

What's up wit the giant license tag?

Old 07-19-2007, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: gerrynolan

ORIGINAL: mustang

What's up wit the giant license tag?
Euro crap tag!!! England does that in yellow, with stupid road tax tags on the swingarm almost as big as a US plate.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:38 AM

I like the BMW's I was thinking of going for a test ride.I think it would make a great commuter bike! The X-Motowould benice to for a little mountain riding.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

If you're commuting involves the Interstate then it would be a good, fun ride for sure (just be sure to cover up those BMW emblems).
When I ride the highways I prefer to be on a large bore sport bike and when I hit the dirt or the back roads I enjoy throwing around the little KLX.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:07 AM

It really depends on if you commute involves bumper to bumper traffic. I hate being stuck in traffic on a sport bike! It is much better if you are in a more up-right seating position. A lower seat height would be nice on the BMW. All in all if you only had one bike this would be a good one. Great seating position, off road capability, 80+ cruising, low maintenance... Whats not to like?

Quick Reply: Think Im in love!!