Tell me how much sense this makes...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Tell me how much sense this makes...

Well i called Big Gun to see how much the end cap is... not the downspout endcap. The piece that i messed up in FL. The stainless steel screws broke off cause they were cross threaded....then i borke off an easy out in one of the screws... So i was looking at the endcap downspout, its $39.99.... so i was thinking the piece i needed was like 50-60$

Its only $15..... WTF..... i have wasted more of my time in that damn piece..... grrrrr..... To me that doesnt make sense... the damn spark arrestor is $19.99... and the huge piece of billet aluminum is only 15.... wtf..... So needless to say i will be ordering the endcap, spark arrestor, and the correct screws,plus extra ones...... Im going to try lock washers in all those screws.... instead of locktite..... [:@][:@][:@]

Old 02-12-2007, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Tell me how much sense this makes...

Stop complaining something is not too expensive before they find out and raise the price

Old 02-12-2007, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member

sounds like it would be cheaper to buy the BG in pieces

Old 02-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hmmmm my muzzy is still perfect.....and yes I ride the bike, so don't even go there.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I can sympathize with the stuck fasteners, my stock headpipe, the middle bolt was stuck solid. Even with a 6" ratchet extension handle I could only get a half turn out of it before the head rounded off. So I slotted it with a dremel tool, another half turn, heated it with a torch, grabbed it with vise grips, nothing. I ended up cutting/drilling the head off to get the heatshield to put it on the 300 headpipe. Pretty sad for a pipe that had 1000 miles on it and had never had the bolts out before. The other 2 were practically loose.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Oooooooo!, nope...Tremor, if you can't say anthing good, don't say it at all[8D]

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Well i called Big Gun to see how much the end cap is... not the downspout endcap. The piece that i messed up in FL. The stainless steel screws broke off cause they were cross threaded....then i borke off an easy out in one of the screws... So i was looking at the endcap downspout, its $39.99.... so i was thinking the piece i needed was like 50-60$

Its only $15..... WTF..... i have wasted more of my time in that damn piece..... grrrrr..... To me that doesnt make sense... the damn spark arrestor is $19.99... and the huge piece of billet aluminum is only 15.... wtf..... So needless to say i will be ordering the endcap, spark arrestor, and the correct screws,plus extra ones...... Im going to try lock washers in all those screws.... instead of locktite..... [:@][:@][:@]

Old 02-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Oooooooo!, nope...Tremor, if you can't say anthing good, don't say it at all[8D]

I know, i know, your nice and purdy beet pipe is wonderful huh?

Old 02-13-2007, 03:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I know, i know, your nice and purdy beet pipe is wonderful huh?
Naw, I wasn't even thinking of going in that direction.If my primary riding was in dirt, I don't know if I would have bought the Beet pipe.

I've just been picking on BG pipes too much lately..even got Jsac a little ticked-off, so it's time to cut-back.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I can take it.... and no one on here will **** me off.... or even make me mad... If the stock muffler didnt have a catalytic converter in it i probably would have kept it...... [:@]

Old 02-13-2007, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

.. If the stock muffler didnt have a catalytic converter in it i probably would have kept it...... [:@]
what did you do with the old one?

Quick Reply: Tell me how much sense this makes...